PDA

View Full Version : Lance formation

Raga
05-11-2007, 07:43
Hey guys,

This came up whilst I was playing my Brets against a vet player. When I charged one of my units into his, he claimed that I could attack with the mounts of the knights charging. I've always assumed that you get the front models mounts, and then just the actual Knights attacks for the lance formation (reasoning that lances are long, horses feet/teeth aren't!). Just wanted to clear up if I should be using the horses too?

Cheers

Raga

Ward.
05-11-2007, 07:57
Yes, but it's cheesy, damned hoses hit harder then the knights ;)

To justify it (not that you really have to) the lance wouldn't work if the horses didn't end up somewhere close to the target.

Alathir
05-11-2007, 14:46
Yes, he was correct, the idea is that they are attacking in a triangle-ish formation.. and it doesnt really have much to do with the length of the lances.

theunwantedbeing
05-11-2007, 16:51
Nothing to do with having lances as questing knights can use the lance formation and those guys dont get lances.

It's down to the formation that they are in.
Remember a knight model has both a rider and steed element to it, as opposed to just the rider.

If it was just those weilding lances then you'de need some very silly looking models with extra long lances on.....

Raga
05-11-2007, 20:58
Rightio - I just a monty python moment coming...the horses, with their long sharp pointy teeth (that stretch very very far!!)

Cheers folks