PDA

View Full Version : More ogre slaying

Sebish
09-09-2005, 16:57
Well this is the army list i'll be using against the ogres. If you havent already read my tactics, take this link: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11115

1000p list:

Heroes:

Warlock engineer
Equipment: Warp blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, Tenebrous cloak, Death globe

Chieftain

Core:
25 Clanrats Full command, Ratling gun
25 Clanrats Full command, Warpfire thrower
25 Slaves
25 Slaves

Special:
2 Rat ogres
2 Rat ogres

Rare:
Warplightning cannon

Feedback please? :angel:

LordPomposity
09-09-2005, 20:43
Solid against Ogres, but your friend knows he will be playing Skaven and will probably design his army accordingly. Problems you could run into:

*Gnoblars. As you're going to be deploying your weapons teams on level ground, a Gnoblar screen will make all your shooting except the warp-lightning cannon useless (this would of course have the side-effect of slowing down the ogres, however).

*Butchers. Ogre magic is pretty dangerous, especially against hordes. Trollguts and Toothcracker can make his units significantly more resilient to your shooting and magic (if you get any off; your warp-lightning will be dispelled more often than not, as it's your only spell. I'd recommend Storm Daemon over the Tenebrous cloak.). You can also count on the braingobbler/Brahmir Statue comination.

*Leadbelchers may be unreliable, but one volley from a unit of two will on average kill a rat ogre.

*You can pretty much count on a Gorger or a unit of Gnoblar trappers showing up to hunt down your warp-lightning cannon and other shooting.

Bergtorp
09-09-2005, 22:07
He can also get some Yhetees also, which are faster than your rats.

GodHead
10-09-2005, 10:38
If he's making his army to play against you, you will lose. Skullmantle, Daemon Killer Scars and that damn statue thing, on 3 characters in the same unit.

You'll be taking Panic Tests at -4 all game.

Cpt. Drill
10-09-2005, 14:31
WHAT!? what makes this list good against ogres..!? for a start you have a hideously expensive warlock... why!? Also you have missed the best thing for killing ogres in the game! An assasin with warpstone throwing stars! 3x bs5 str5 d3 wounds missiles... he will cripple or destroy a unit a turn!

Oh and rat ogres... they are terrible.. you would do better with more rank file infantry! and warpfire throwers would seem good but ratlings guns are always better all the time!

So for this list beating ogres i would say it is pretty tame... at best!

Ganymede
10-09-2005, 16:39
If he's making his army to play against you, you will lose. Skullmantle, Daemon Killer Scars and that damn statue thing, on 3 characters in the same unit.

You'll be taking Panic Tests at -4 all game.

I don't know about that. For some reason, I would feel dirty if I did that. If I took such a combination in hopes that I would meet some chaos or skaven opponents, that would be fine. But in a friendly game? No way.

Vomax
12-09-2005, 02:54
I don't know about that. For some reason, I would feel dirty if I did that. If I took such a combination in hopes that I would meet some chaos or skaven opponents, that would be fine. But in a friendly game? No way.

Well, if the OP is tailoring his list specifically to face his friend's ogres, might it not be expected that his friend would do the same?

Wickerman71
12-09-2005, 04:06

I would not loose any sleep using that combo on a Skaven SAD Army. (Not That the Above list is a SAD mind you).