PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from an Orks VS Tomb Kings battle...

Lorquas
05-11-2007, 15:17
1 - if a unit with Magic resistance can see the Casket of Souls can it use it's resistance to stop the spell?

2 - Ork Shamen miscasts and head explodes killing enough of his unit to force a panic test. Firstly, do you test for panic in your own Turn? Secondly in which direction would they run? Towards your own board edge?

3 - A Tomb Swarn emerged within 5 inches of a unit of Night Goblins. I figure that's bad luck for the Tomb Swarm and I can release the fanatics at a closer than usual Target :)

4 - All 3 crew crumble around a Screaming Skull Catapult. However, if the Catapult is still there can the crew be summoned back?

Thanks

Lorquas

Atrahasis
05-11-2007, 15:22
1 - Yes - note that only the highest MR is used, they don't add up.

2 - Yes, you must test in any phase where a unit suffers 25% casualties, except the Combat phase. Units initially run from the source of the panic, and then towards the closest table edge - if the unit itself causes the panic then I'd move them straight for the nearest edge.

3 - Absolutely.

4 - Yes, and vice versa. As long as even one crewman remains, the entire machine and crew can be resurrected.

Alathir
05-11-2007, 15:44
1. Yes, and remember it must be able to see it.

2. Yes, they would run straight towards the nearest edge (it would be awkward to run away from themselves...)

3. Indeed, goodbye tomb swarms.

4. Yes, unfortunately... the whole thing needs to be destroyed (crew included) for it to be 'unraisable'

Menset
06-11-2007, 08:01
Just for number 4. They only have a leadership of three, so if for example they fail by five (average Roll) the Tomb King player can decide where the wounds are allocated, and he can put wounds back so long as there is something left of the unit.

T10
06-11-2007, 08:06
Menset, what is this "Roll" you are talking about?

-T10

Menset
06-11-2007, 08:48
Lorquas stated that the Crew crumbled, which in my mind means the Hierophant had been slain. So I was referring to the LD test taken.

Flypaper
06-11-2007, 09:16
Undead also crumble if they lose combat.

...Or, to be precise, people use the expression to refer to either phenomenom. :p