PDA

View Full Version : Necron Titles

Gazak Blacktoof
05-11-2007, 15:36
Our group as been developing a separate 40K rule-set for some time and during the course of writing the necron codex I decided to alter the structure of the army from its 40K V3 origins.

Necron Lords were originally replaced by the Satraps. However the number of them which the list now allows for has made that title seem misplaced and so a higher ranking character type will be created to assume the title of Satrap.

What I'd like to know is if any body has a good name to replace the "lords" of the V3 codex. Currently I'm think of giving them the title of Vasir which is a variation on the Persian title Vizier.

Any suggestions?

sabreu
05-11-2007, 17:02
System Lord?

Curis
05-11-2007, 17:10
Rhobe Ott?

sabreu
05-11-2007, 17:12
Rhobe Ott...

:eyebrows::(:D:p

Finn
05-11-2007, 17:29
Remember that the titles given to the Necrons in their codex are Imperial in origin (as in the Imperials named them), not from the Necrons themselves. So...have at it :P

Gazak Blacktoof
05-11-2007, 18:33
System Lord?

Could be a good name for a higher lord. The title is far too important for the lowly characters I'm currently trying to name. A system lord would be the equivalent of a chapter master or some such, having dominion over all of the tomb worlds within a system or several closely affiliated systems.

The character I'm trying to name is equivalent to a platoon lieutenant in the imperial guard, having control over a portion of a 40K sized army.