PDA

View Full Version : The best CD you own?

The Guy
05-11-2007, 16:34
Well what's your favourite CD that you own?
For me it's Cradle of filth-Nymphetamine their best album by far.

And what's your least favourite album?
For me...it's New Found glory. Don't know what it's called. Really cheesy stuff.

Kaze
05-11-2007, 16:40
Do Greatest Hits count?
If true, then A Slight Case of Overbombing by The Sisters of Mercy;
Else, Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains.

Deamon-forge
05-11-2007, 16:42
[QUOTE=The Guy;2065080] Cradle of filth-Nymphetamine their best album by far.
QUOTE]

Very good song and album,
My best Album would be.....HIM dark light is one of my best albums, and Dragonforce... \m/

Mad Doc Grotsnik
05-11-2007, 18:12
The Toy Dolls, 20 years of Toys compilation album, everything from Nellie the Elephant, Rupert the Bear, to Deirdre's a Slag!

After that, ooh, most likely Bare Faced Cheek, also by the Toy Dolls.

Crube
05-11-2007, 18:14
Bearing in mind, these change on an almost daily basis...

Best - Iron Maiden - Live After Death (Cassette version)#

Worst - Lionel RItchie - Louder than Words...

;)

floyd pinkerton
05-11-2007, 18:52
Dark side of the moon.

end of:D

Fenriz
05-11-2007, 18:55
Best CD i own eh... Hmmm...

Probably it would be Necrotism: Descanting The Insalubrious, by Carcass.

In terms of rarity and overall cool factor its my original first run pressing of Black Sabbaths self titled album though. Hand numbered. It just screams awesome.

Dwarf Supreme
05-11-2007, 18:56
I'm sorry, I can't possibly pick one. There are too many to choose. I can pick my favorite groups and possibly my favorite album from said groups, but there's no way I can decide on one and only one album.

The pestilent 1
05-11-2007, 19:09
Gotta agree with Dwarf Supreme here, I could never pick one CD...

Except maybe the mix CD of my favourite songs ever I suppose... Does that count?

Edit: D&D On the mind (You aren't a 3rd level Cleric Spell...)

RavenMorpheus
05-11-2007, 19:14
Best one I own would have to be ALL of the Iron Maiden studio albums, they're all great especially NPFTD - I have em all on CD, bit like Poke-your-mum really, gotta get em all ;)

Worst - I don't generally buy anything I don't like, I usually make sure I've heard it before I buy it, but I did buy ACDC's Powerage recently and I wasn't all that impressed with that - only listened to one song before buying it doh!!

\m/

theunwantedbeing
05-11-2007, 19:22
Avril lavigne's first album...I forget its name.
Dont really own many CD's and that ones more a copy lol
But it's a damn good CD nonetheless.

superknijn
05-11-2007, 19:35
Oh, CD's... I put everything on DVD's nowadays, and I honestly don't have that much on real, original CD's. (It's all legal though, at least, in the Netherlands) The best real CD I have is Deepest Purple. It's one of the few Very Best CD's that actually has the very best of a band.

Curis
05-11-2007, 19:48
Seduction of Claude Debussy by the Art of Noise.

Art.

chromedog
05-11-2007, 20:45
Operation:Mindcrime by Queensryche.

Had it for yonks and it still ranks up with the other 'theme' albums.

FallenAngel_864
05-11-2007, 20:47
Zeppelin IV... nuff said (except that I have the original LP as well)

Greatoliver
05-11-2007, 20:49
Hurm... The CD I often forget about and then come back to again and again has to be:

Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

Their best album by far and it is plain and simple brilliance in a case.

Get it if you haven't!

Disco
05-11-2007, 20:53
It's a tie between "Fire!" by Electric Six and The Mars Volta's "De-loused in the comatorium". Those 2 CD's I always come back to.

Vodevil
05-11-2007, 21:01
The Doors - The Doors.

It's a tie between "Fire!" by Electric Six and The Mars Volta's "De-loused in the comatorium". Those 2 CD's I always come back to.

I bought the new Electric Six album today and it just might be as good as Fire IMO...

Arianwen
05-11-2007, 22:05
Oooh, tricky... probably the Deluxe Edition of Nine Inch Nails' The Downward Spiral. It seems to have a song to fit my every mood.

der_lex
05-11-2007, 22:21
Operation:Mindcrime by Queensryche.

Had it for yonks and it still ranks up with the other 'theme' albums.

Now that's one fantastic cd. Impossible for me to choose a favourite, though... each of my cd's has a tendency to shout 'play me' after a while. So I don't have any favourites, but I don't own any bad cd's either.

I guess my Marillion albums (most notably Brave, Afraid of Sunlight and Marbles) do see a wee bit more playtime than all the others, though.

Hausdorff space
05-11-2007, 22:49
Right now:

at the drive-in
relationship of command

Cade
05-11-2007, 23:06
Right now, at this moment, I'd have to pick "Century Child" by Nightwish.

By far their best album and a benchmark for the genre.

thegnome
05-11-2007, 23:46
The Beatles - The White Album

marv335
06-11-2007, 00:01
AC/DC; Back In Black
or
Guns 'n Roses; Appetite for Destruction.

Makaber
06-11-2007, 01:02
I can't pick one. I do have a small list of albums I think are perfect, in that I wouldn't want them changed in any way. Not flawless albums, mind you, but whatever flaws they have just make them all the more interesting.

Danzig II - Lucifuge
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Mastodon - Leviathan
Akercocke - Choronzon
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
Turbonegro - Apocalypse Dudes

The worst one: I don't own many outright bad CD's, but I pretty much never listen to the self-titled Supergrass album. In It For The Money was awesome, but the difficult third was their Crazy Nights.

feeder
06-11-2007, 01:51
Down - NOLA
Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica
Iron Maiden - Powerslave

The Dude
06-11-2007, 02:27
CD - Reload by Tom Jones. Not one bad track.

A close second is Discovery by Daft Punk, although that's much better when watched as Interstella 5555 :D

Album - Led Zepplin 4 original press. The cover art is just so nice. Plus it's a great album to listen to in the dark. On old speakers ;).

Fenriz
06-11-2007, 02:29
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

That album is nigh on perfect. Have to admit i do prefer Black Seeds Of Vengeance, but my god In Their Darkened Shrines is a stormer of an album.

Light of the Emperor
06-11-2007, 03:47
It would definately have to be Year of the Spider by Cold. Their second album, 13 Ways to Bleed On Stage comes in a very close second.

Codsticker
06-11-2007, 04:39
Album - Led Zepplin 4 original press. The cover art is just so nice. Plus it's a great album to listen to in the dark. On old speakers ;).

I had the good fortune to inherit a number of albums from my dad including Led Zeppelin II through IV and several pink Floyd records.

Anyway; the CD I keep coming back to is Ian Tyson- Live at The Longview. I have a friend that has one of those stereo rooms and this recording is top notch.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
06-11-2007, 12:31
Arghhh!!!

Thats like asking me which Games workshop figure is my fave, nearly impossible to answer really as it can change every time a new figure is released.

At the moment my best listened album is Echos, Patience, Silence and Grace by the Foo Fighters, and tbh it does have the potential to be my fave album of all time, think its certainly my fave Foo's album.

Breakfast in America by Supertramp would be close as well, love that album.

SaleanDominus
06-11-2007, 15:49
If we count greatest hits albums - then I say Trisha Yearwood's Songbook (released in 1997). Wouldn't be where I am without it.
If not then Jasper County, same artist as above.

Hicks
06-11-2007, 16:49
Today it's Hellfire Club by Edguy, tomorrow who knows?

kortholaxthedamned
06-11-2007, 17:31
I bought the new Electric Six album today and it just might be as good as Fire IMO...

Ooh, ooh, I want to get that, but no stores around me stock it. Is it good? I really like Dance Pattern and Down at McDonnellz.

On a more on topic note, my favourite's probably Funeral by Arcade Fire. Amazing. Live even more so .

El-Diablo
06-11-2007, 18:23
Damn this is hard....
Seeing as I don't have a favourite cd i'll list 5. In no particular order -

-The Berzerker - Dissimulate
-Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
-Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
- NIN - Downward Spiral
- Slayer - Reign In Blood

||-MARKO-||
06-11-2007, 19:56
Hi all

My Best album, IMO, (and I know Im going to get a flood of hatemail or something for saying this) is Avenged Sevenfold's "Waking the fallen".

And yes, my music taste IS unique. And no, Im not emo. :rolleyes:

Marko

The pestilent 1
06-11-2007, 20:16
Hi all

My Best album, IMO, (and I know Im going to get a flood of hatemail or something for saying this) is Avenged Sevenfold's "Waking the fallen".

And yes, my music taste IS unique. And no, Im not emo. :rolleyes:

Marko

Quite like Avenged sevenfold (Biblical Murderers FTW!) even if I could name all of two of their songs.
(That is however, more my memory that anything)

Ma current favourite (In that it's the most played one) would be... Aly & AJ - Into the Rush (With their second Album - Insomniatic- making a close second)

...Good news Marko, I don't think you'll be getting hate mail :p

Cap'n Facebeard
06-11-2007, 23:11
Rammstein's Sehnsucht. Most albums have at least one less-impressive song. Sehnsuchts gold all the way.

Delicious Soy
07-11-2007, 00:40
Eagles of Death Metal: Death by Sexy

When I want to get my boogie on...

Cycorax
07-11-2007, 17:19
Best: Well, either Nightwish - Wishmaster, Bob Dylan - Desire, Slipknot - Self titled, Lee-Scratch Perry - Dub-Triptych.

Worst: Bon Jovi, Cream - Disraeli Gears.

inq.serge
07-11-2007, 17:30
Since I'm a pirate, and have all my music on my Mp3 walkman cellphone, I only own 3 CDs! (That's right, three, 3, III, tre, три, trois, whateverit'scalledinyourlaunguage).

(2 old cds with Roy Orbison (I was a Roy Orbison fan when I was 12). and One Hair CD).

So, the best I own (Since I don't own Carmina Burana), is Hair.

Delicious Soy
08-11-2007, 03:55
Cream - Disraeli Gears.
Isn't that like cursing Dark Side of the Moon as crap?

Rotten
08-11-2007, 07:51
The best CD in my collection, and the only one I've bought in four years, is The Dark Third by Pure Reason Revolution. Total ecstasy!

bobert the great clen one
08-11-2007, 08:59
any of the three killswitch engage albums

although for top spot its between End of Heartache or As Daylight Dies

or Take To The Skies - enter shikari ( waits for inevitable bashing :p)

SithBoy*
08-11-2007, 09:09
Personally I'm pretty partial to any of the Cradle of Filth albums, but the mainstay are the My Dying Bride CDs... Most notably Angel and the dark river. Yeah that would have to be my best CD. As for worst, anything I was forced to listen to on long trips with my parents. There is something unnatural about country music... It's just wrong.