PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt dwarf army tips

crazygamer67
05-11-2007, 21:09
im fairly new to warhammer..(3-2000pt games so far)...and ive done pretty good...1 solid victory 1 draw and 1 marginal defeat.

ive played mainly lots of ranged attacks and artillery...but id like it if someone gave me some advice on putting together a solid dwarven army

this is wat i have to work with

48 thunderers
32 quarrellers
64 warriors
16 longbeards
3 cannons
2 bolt throwers
1 grudge thrower
2 organ guns
1 lord
2 slayers
20 ironbreakers

im gona buy some more units so tips will help me decide wat to get...thanks

W0lf
05-11-2007, 22:05
anvils are broken.

Get one.

Id also suggest some Hammmerers or a unit of slayers, depending on what armies you face.

what armies do you expect to be playing?

and do you want gunline or infantry cc? (both are excellent with a anvil)

TheRaven
05-11-2007, 22:18
Agree anvil's are good. My 2000 army didn't have one, just a runesmith with the rune that takes away a power dice and adds it to your dispell but I always think of adding an anvil. My army has 3 blocks of infantry and a massive gunline (2 warriors and a unit of long beards between them to stop panic).

You have a pretty good deployment option with that list. If your short on room you can place some missile units as a screen so that they get alot of shots off and even a stand and shoot if your lucky. When they flee they will go right through your line, but won't cause panic because of that unit of longbeards, then your opponent will have to take a LD test or overrun right into one of your rock hard units. Of course if hills are plentiful then you can just do the standard deployment.

crazygamer67
05-11-2007, 23:15
If your short on room you can place some missile units as a screen so that they get alot of shots off and even a stand and shoot if your lucky. When they flee they will go right through your line, but won't cause panic because of that unit of longbeards, then your opponent will have to take a LD test or overrun right into one of your rock hard units..

yea the longbeards help alot...

armies i will face will be...
a greenskin horde mostly gobblins....easy to break them tho
woodelves...damn those treekin...haha
ogres.....it gets interesting....
^^those i have fought so far...i think im facing lizardmen this week...if she doesnt show ill play a 1000 pt hordes of chaos army.... im thinkin the lizards will be a fun fight....i have no clue how they fight but they look kool...haha

eleveninches
06-11-2007, 13:13
against skirmisheing armies (WE, lizardmen, beasts) take 2 organ guns.
Against horde armies (orcs, goblins) take flame cannon and/or gyrocopter and a grudgethrower.

stonehorse
06-11-2007, 23:21
In 2,000 point games I take a wide selection of Warmachines.

2 Bolt Throwers
Grudge Thrower
Cannon
Flame Cannon
Organ Gun

This way I have a tool for each job, and as I never tailor my armies to fight against a certain army I have an army that is more ready to take on all comers. Also it looks really nice seeing all that artillery would make any Dwarf proud.

Gorog Irongut
07-11-2007, 10:17
You could use:
1. More warriors
2. a few more Bolt Throwers
3. 3-8 Trollslayers and maybe a dragonslayer
4. Gyrocopter
5. A unit or two of miners (no more than 20 total)

That's the quick and short of it.