PDA

View Full Version : 2k Horde(!) Daemon Legion of Tzeentch

raged_norm
13-04-2005, 23:30
OK here goes, what follows it a somewhat strange Tzeentchian Daemon Legion list.

The idea behind it that a Tzeentchian cult summoned the greater daemon, which then proceeded to rip out their souls and transform them into his minions, aaaah the ways of Tzeentch.....

Anyway, the means the horrors and flamers will be alternate models to the actual daemon models, i.e. zombie and empire militia, converted and painted in blue, purple, orange and pink hues. This has been done partly beacause I don't like the horror/flamer models, partly because of cost in money, partly because it seems a fairly original idea, plus I want a Tzeentch Daemon Legion and didn't want to go down the 2 minimum horror units, 2 changebringer units, 2 chariots and a Lord of Change route.

Enough rambling, here is the list

Lord of Change 665pts

20 Horrors 356
-Champion, Musician
main block, used for a scary high value bound spell, and an extra powerdice

15 Horrors 281
-Champion, Musician
Support block 1, similar role to the main block

10 Horrors 150
Speedbump, will protect a flank (hopefully) from skirmishers etc.

7 Flamers 175
7 Flamers 175
Harrasment, 7d6 S3 shots, a scary propect by the sheer volume of fire once in range

3 Screamers 99
3 Screamers 99
Bats in the barn where the event happened, used to kill warmachines, wizards. Fills the usual battlefield role

TOTAL 2000pts

8 Powerdice
4 Dispel dice
3 boundspells
1 Spelldestroyer
66 Models

Anyway, what I am looking for is comments on the idea and the list itself. NO chariots or changebringers, as these don't fit my army background to well. A semi-competetive army would be ideal, but as this is my third army not necessary.

Khorn on the march
14-04-2005, 06:08
It is unleagal, screamers is 0-1, boring army with just som horrors, horrors and more horrors, why LoC, he is cool but not strong enoghu to earn his points, use a deamonprince and an aspeiring champion as a BSB, expensive speed bump 150p :eek: make one unit into a 20 then add just a unit of warriors then you can use them as a fithing speedbump.

therisnosaurus
14-04-2005, 07:35
going for horde, eh? try this

exalted daemon: mark of tzeentch.
all the good bits of a LOC without the excessive cost- causes terror, flies, nasty in the flank, you name it

herald: mark of tzeetch, greater icon of chaos:
you wan't to be able to re-roll failed tests with your horrors- trust me, losing 350 ish points of models from one bad dice roll is NOT good.

20 horrors: muso, standard
20 horrors: muso, standard
these chaps just sit in the centre and drop 2 of the strength 3 hit to everyone in unit spell per turn on your enemy's main inf blocks at power level 10. they can either take it and loose their best chance of breaking your main units and getting their points or they can dispel it opening the way for your smaller bound spells and wizards to get through. note that on the first turn of your game, have you herald in one unit and your exalted in the other, buffing their US so you can use the long range d6hits at strength 5.
10 horrors
10 horrors
these chaps to put it on them instead :P these sit on either side of the main blocks in the centre, ready to flank charge if they have to and use the other nasty spell horrors have- 6+ for more models :)
5 flamers
5 flamers
you don't NEED 7d6 strength 3 hits, 5 will do just nicely. sucker a damaged infantry unit into charging these guys and stand and shoot them into the ground. plus you can always count on them failing their fear check :P at 125 points you can afford to lose these chaps, but don't forget they are st 4, t 4 and have 2 attacks, so they can be nasty flankers if you need them, and there are just enough of them to get the +1 combat res for flanking

chariot of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
I took the screamers out. boohoo. say hello to your NEW friendly warmachine/wizard rapers. as a rule these people ain't so good at breaking units (but both of them in a flank can do the trick), but they can fly and they can shoot well, so instead of using them as shock units, use them to harrass things. of course, if a wizard, shooting unit or warmachine is foolish enough to poke it's head out of saftey, take it off, I implore you :) with 8+d6 strength 4 attacks on the charge you're gonna do it.

tactics wise, deploy as such

_______________20horror(herald) 20horror(exalted)_________________
flamers__10horror_______________________________10 horror__flamers

________________chariot________________chariot____ ______________

you can then swing if he tries to flank, or just blast away with everything and then counter attack. one great trick is to remember that your two chariots and exalted can fly, meaning they can charge straight over the top of your units- so if your enemy advances within range or tries to advance upon your horrors, put all three of them into his front and if he flees, well, you'll probably run him down. :)

oh, and take your BSB and general out units the moment their extra US stops being handy or enemy approach- they're both best away from the combat where they can charge in if needed. your herald won't stand up to a charge and at 220 points, you don't want to lose him, keep him just behind the central horror units the same with your exalted unless you want him and the chariots to go off war machine or archer hunting

therisnosaurus
14-04-2005, 07:51
oh, and one more thing

order of casting: you have 6 dice

1: big horror unit (power 10): d6 hits or str 3 on everyone
2: big horror unit (power 10): d6 hits or str 3 on everyone
3: small horror unit (power 5): same
3: small horror unit (power 5): same

small spell on 2 dice- basic magic missile or re rolls spell on one of your characters

big spell on 4 dice (watch them look forlornly at the two dice they saved for this spell :P) last so as to negate major effects of miscast, generaly a green fire or indigo fire ( I remember fondly casting that on a unit of 100 gobbos and suddenly having another unit of 30 horrors which promptly cast the strength 3 hit on everything meaning it was 30 horrors on about 28 goblins, I won the combat, he fled and I chased him down :P) the green fire is great against units with great weapons (executioners, greatswords and especialy questing knights) and on skaven weapon teams (2 attacks and 1 wound, hitting and wounding on 4's, it's worth a try)

OR

2 smaller spells as above- another couple of basic magic missiles perhaps.

this sequence means that if they don't get rid of all their dispel dice early they are guaranteed to lose a lot of models to the horror spells, and if they horde them till late, your big 4 dice spell as a damn good chance of going through anyhow. a good player will leave the 3 big ones (two main horrors and 4 dice) and attempt to kill the 3 smaller ones, but psych them out a bit and they might start making mistakes- don't forget your little horror units can be just as nasty as your big ones

Yasmin
14-04-2005, 10:45
It is unleagal, screamers is 0-1, boring army with just som horrors, horrors and more horrors, why LoC, he is cool but not strong enoghu to earn his points, use a deamonprince and an aspeiring champion as a BSB, expensive speed bump 150p :eek: make one unit into a 20 then add just a unit of warriors then you can use them as a fithing speedbump.

Ever heard of Storm of Chaos army lists?
Demionic Legion is one of them - pure deamons list. So no Aspirings, no Screamer limitation, too. This list is legal. But not really competitive IMO.

Ordo Hereticus
14-04-2005, 18:55
big spell on 4 dice (watch them look forlornly at the two dice they saved for this spell :P) last so as to negate major effects of miscast, generaly a green fire or indigo fire ( I remember fondly casting that on a unit of 100 gobbos and suddenly having another unit of 30 horrors which promptly cast the strength 3 hit on everything meaning it was 30 horrors on about 28 goblins, I won the combat, he fled and I chased him down :P) the green fire is great against units with great weapons (executioners, greatswords and especialy questing knights) and on skaven weapon teams (2 attacks and 1 wound, hitting and wounding on 4's, it's worth a try)

im pretty sure that freshly made horrors carnt cast spells the turn they are made, was in a QnA somewhere im pretty sure

also when casting green fire on weapon teams they will only make 1 attack on themselves, as the base has 2 attacks on its profile, and no matter how many attacks they have green fire only makes them use 1 attack against each other, still, worth a try

i like the idea of a horror horde army, though when it comes down to it they will get into combat, and thats where horrors really dont excell, and the herald and daemon prince wont save you much, especially naked princes.

try and fit a chariot and atleast one unit of chngebringers (both these units ALWAYS make their points back, if not triple their points, they are totally worth taking)

good luck

raged_norm
14-04-2005, 19:10
Here we go mk2!

Remember NO chariots/changebringers. It may hurt the power of the army, but it doesn't fit in with my idea for the army.

Exalted Daemon 340pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Diabolic Splendour
Master of Sorcery

Daemonic Herald 220pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Greater Icon of Chaos

20 Horrors 321pts
Standard
Musician

20 Horrors 321pts
Standard