PDA

View Full Version : Best Munchie Ever!!!

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
09-09-2005, 19:16
Okay people...through my years of careful research, i have finally found the best munchie/snack ever!

Its a tie between Quaker Oats cereal bars (apple flavor) and Quaker Oats crunchy granola bars, mixed berry flavor.

I kid you not...go all around the world, and you will not find a better snack!

I know this is kind of random, mods, but i was so happy when i made my discovery i just had to post it!

Yodhrin
09-09-2005, 19:58
Okay people...through my years of careful research, i have finally found the best munchie/snack ever!

Its a tie between Quaker Oats cereal bars (apple flavor) and Quaker Oats crunchy granola bars, mixed berry flavor.

I kid you not...go all around the world, and you will not find a better snack!

I know this is kind of random, mods, but i was so happy when i made my discovery i just had to post it!

LIES!

Your sweet tasting snackfoods must bow before the might of Dry Roasted Peanuts! BOW! :p

starlight
09-09-2005, 20:03
through my years

:eyebrows:

Just how many years are we talking about here? :eyebrows:

PS: I think that I hear the Wastes Train a comin......

Luke
09-09-2005, 20:03
for munch? wow, when im caned out of my face i love to eat bran flakes, as you chew them you can feel every grain of bran rasp across your tongue.

depends how stoned i am tho. i mean if i cant even stand up, i just go hungry.

lord_blackfang
09-09-2005, 20:26
Banana chips, fools!

Lostanddamned
09-09-2005, 20:30
Off to the 24-hour garage for some sub-urban parkour and a cornish pastie, with the never ending fun of "I'm eating myself" (my surname is cornish...) whenever I feel the need.

Especially if it is dark. and the party is cooling off, then we become the beer-man (like a milkman but more beery).

starlight
09-09-2005, 20:31
the never ending fun of "I'm eating myself"

That is SO Sig-able. :D :p :D :p

Johnny Bravo
09-09-2005, 20:33
There is no greater snack than Pizzeria Cheese Combos. I will tolerate no argument on this.

x-esiv-4c
09-09-2005, 21:01
I agree with JB on this one ( for once ) Pizza-cheese combos cannot be beat.

Adlan
09-09-2005, 21:04
I actually would say butter flapjack, with organic apples and traditional honey.
Unfortunetly you cannot by this.
I have to nick it out of the oven as it slowly cooks over night :D

Cade
09-09-2005, 21:32
You can't beat Bombay Mix, especially if it's a good one with coconut flakes and sultanas in it.

Luke
09-09-2005, 21:57
im tellin ya, nothing kills the munch like bran flakes.

cheese nibblins pfffft! been there done that. gimmicks just dont cut it. go natural and let the grumbly, crumbly world of bran be your friend.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
09-09-2005, 22:57
Actually the quaker oats crunchy mixed berry quenches your need for munchies very quickly. One packet (2 medium sized bars) does it for me. But then again...i dont get very hungry when i smoke....

Kohhna
09-09-2005, 23:21
Depends whats in the freezer. Everything tastes better when your stoned. I used to eat lots of chocolate, and biscuits. One time I cleverly combined the two by breaking down a load of biscuits into crumbs and firing it in some melted chocolate with big wall-nuts and glace cherries, then mixing it and letting it set in the bottom of a baking tin lined with Grease-proof paper in the fridge for a bit.

It was beautiful.

Piku
09-09-2005, 23:22
Huh huh huh eh?
Huh hehe heh heh, whut?
Dude.
Bagels.

Kohhna
09-09-2005, 23:24
Chocolate Pretzels, the first snack food to be deliberately marketed at the stoned.

Piku
09-09-2005, 23:27
Ideally munchies should be bitesied things.('cept for bagels of course)

I'm hungry.

Cade
09-09-2005, 23:34
Depends whats in the freezer. Everything tastes better when your stoned. I used to eat lots of chocolate, and biscuits. One time I cleverly combined the two by breaking down a load of biscuits into crumbs and firing it in some melted chocolate with big wall-nuts and glace cherries, then mixing it and letting it set in the bottom of a baking tin lined with Grease-proof paper in the fridge for a bit.

It was beautiful.

Why didn't you just eat some chocolate digestives?

Truly the stoner food of choice.

Well, either them or Jaffa Cakes.

Freak Ona Leash
09-09-2005, 23:36
Chocolate Pretzels, the first snack food to be deliberately marketed at the stoned.
You mean they taste even better when youre stoned? Quicjk Kohhna, pass me the weed! But I for one vote sunflower seeds. Grandfather of all snack foods. And candied deer eyes. Taste better than thye sound...

sparks
10-09-2005, 00:05
caramel chocolate digestives. they got me through my second round of essays at uni. that and the obligatory cups of tea required for dunking. although, my proudest snack moment at uni came in the first year, when i had no bread and wanted a toastie. so i grabbed me some bacon, popped it in the george foreman, whilst that was on the go, got some cheese prepared, then got a tortilla wrap, and placed the cheese/bacon inside, and slammed the wrap in the george foreman, melting the cheese and holding the whole thing together, and also toasting it. twas beautiful, if not coronary inducing. add your choice of ketchup to taste of course :)

Freak Ona Leash
10-09-2005, 00:18
so i grabbed me some bacon, popped it in the george foreman, whilst that was on the go, got some cheese prepared, then got a tortilla wrap, and placed the cheese/bacon inside, and slammed the wrap in the george foreman, melting the cheese and holding the whole thing together, and also toasting it. twas beautiful, if not coronary inducing. add your choice of ketchup to taste of course :)
Arent those called quesadillas?

sparks
10-09-2005, 12:26
quite possibly. cant say i've ever heard the word before though. so still my drunken creation(in my head if no one elses). still worth a try tho :P

Cade
10-09-2005, 12:46
caramel chocolate digestives. they got me through my second round of essays at uni. that and the obligatory cups of tea required for dunking. although, my proudest snack moment at uni came in the first year, when i had no bread and wanted a toastie. so i grabbed me some bacon, popped it in the george foreman, whilst that was on the go, got some cheese prepared, then got a tortilla wrap, and placed the cheese/bacon inside, and slammed the wrap in the george foreman, melting the cheese and holding the whole thing together, and also toasting it. twas beautiful, if not coronary inducing. add your choice of ketchup to taste of course :)

That is very similar to my favourite after-pub snack, purchased from the French Crepe van.
It's a giant crepe, filled with ham, cheese and plenty of black pepper, warmed through until the cheese melts and them folded into an easy to carry pocket.
Pure heaven.

Luke
10-09-2005, 13:17
i generally eat healthy, never any crap at all. but if my energy is down and i need to do something really really strenuous then i have no choice but to get a bar of chocolate down my neck. the various chemicals in chocolate as well as the sugar and fat give you a tremendous boost of physical and mental energy and generally make you feel better.

sparks
10-09-2005, 14:11
glad to hear others appreciating the snackage. the other one that i really shouldn't have eaten in hindsight(see the pic). it was the speciality of our halls kebab van(god bless ali, he knew everyone's choice of sauces and snacks!), lovingly known as the big bastard. it consisted of 3 quarter pounders, 5 slices of cheese, pineapple, mushrooms, bacon, and a fried egg. the best bit was that he offered me extra bacon as i'm not a fan of pineapple/mushrooms. in my drunken state i could not have been happier.

it also came with chips and a drink. if only i'd known before that the chips could be exchanged for another quarter pounder, making it a whole pound of meat, i happily would have. mainly because i didn't eat the chips til they were cold, and they didn't microwave well :cries:

the other spectacular thing ali offered was a 3 for 2 deal on the big bastard. if you could eat two whole ones in front of him at his van(chips/drinks included), he'd give you a third one for free. apparently the offer started as someone challenged a guy standing by the van to do it!

EDIT-forgot the pic. that, and i've just realised, my most consistent contribution to a thread is one about snacks,and generally post pub ones. me, student? never :P

Luke
10-09-2005, 15:09
if ever there was a reason to turn veggie!

tzeentchgiant
10-09-2005, 15:31
It looks like you threw up into your hands.... delicious ;) .

Honeslty, I don't have a favourite snack, I'll eat mostly anything, and most of anything too, even if I don't like it.

TG

Wraith
10-09-2005, 15:37
Sea salt & crushed black pepper cashew nuts are a particular favourite of mine. I also like a good quality bombay mix but I see that has already been mentioned.

lord_blackfang
10-09-2005, 16:00
There's something to be said about Pocky, too.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
11-09-2005, 04:33
if ever there was a reason to turn veggie!

That...thing...in the picture actually looks healthy...being a greek (my dad eats all kinds of innards...) and living in america (that mcdonalds!) that thing probably will only kill you at 1/4 the rate of a big mac.

Luke
11-09-2005, 16:28
that much bubbling yellow, white and brown cant be healthy. it just looks like the aftermath of a motorcycle accident (yes, ive seen enough first hand to know that)

no, just go with some nice dry fibrous carbs.

sparks
11-09-2005, 20:13
yeah, there's another photo of the bacon half(couldn't fit it all in my mouth at once, lol) that has been likened to a dead rat. still, no regrets for having eaten it, and it was payday, and i was drunk, so i 'treated' myself to it. it was a perfectly good burger, no matter how wrong it may look in hindsight!

The pestilent 1
11-09-2005, 21:27
That Burger looks quite nice actually.
Would probably kill me mind, but hey, if your going to kill yourself dont do it half-arsed.

drawlien
11-09-2005, 21:38
@ sparks

You weren't in halls in Wessex Lane at Southampton last year by any chance? Im at Soton myself going into the 3rd year and remember many a night that ended in a big bastard. Though being vegetarian i didnt partake myself!

Luke
11-09-2005, 21:39
indeed, do it like me. ride a motorbike like a prat :D

The pestilent 1
11-09-2005, 21:40
@ sparks

You weren't in halls in Wessex Lane at Southampton last year by any chance? Im at Soton myself going into the 3rd year and remember many a night that ended in a big bastard. Though being vegetarian i didnt partake myself!

you can get those beasts in Sotton?
Time for a trip back home to visit Friends i reckon :D

Hippy In Peril
11-09-2005, 21:43
Honey roased peanuts, Lays potato chips, or buffalo wings and a cold one (even better at Hooters ;) ).

Big_Bear_Scot
11-09-2005, 21:45
A kebab shop in Glasgow(called Best Kebab) does a thing called a sarbereni, which is basically a half naan bread covered in pizza sauce then a topping of your choice(I usually pick pepperoni), then cheese. It is then put in the oven and when it comes out they put either lamb donner or chicken kebab meat(I usually have lamb donner)on it and then Chilli Sauce.

Tis the food of the Gods.

Or if that is too much effort chips n cheese with salt and vinegar. Hmmmmm.

A nice sweet munchie to have is a Carmel slice melted in a microwave for 10 seconds(or until the chocolate is melted), then put a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate sauce.

Its teeth rotteningly brilliant, you can actually feel the sugar attacking your teeth.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
11-09-2005, 23:36
Fudge!!

Damn ten character minimum thing!

Venomizer
12-09-2005, 00:14
best munchie?...no contest, it has to be Revells

lots of different chocolatey covered goodness....

sparks
12-09-2005, 00:26
drawlien, i was a proud member of Monty B block. our floor was the closest possible to the bar(though this may have changed now that new ones were put in. we usually got into the boiler house by going through our kitchen's fire exit :D
i shall also be going into my 3rd year, however i shall be disappearing to vienna for 9 months(the joys of studying a language at uni), and returning to finish my degree next year!

Jaq Draco
14-09-2005, 03:01
that burger really and truly looks like you've vomited into your hands.

good stuff

VanDoo
14-09-2005, 03:19
2 McDonald's cheeseburgers sans pickles or onions (veggies... yuck!) with a supersized order of fires and a large iced tea... eaten in about 5-6 minutes. If I live past 31, I'll be happy/surprised. :D

Jaq Draco
14-09-2005, 03:40
ok then beat this, from maccas
1 quarter pounder
1 large fries
10 chicken nuggets
dont forget the two little tubs of sweet and sour sauce
1 large coke
eaten in five minutes flat
and i have timed myself

it was a lunch break at work

Wiseman
14-09-2005, 03:44
yeh but when your as fat as you are JD no one is suprised, in fact most people ask how you seem to fit that all in your mouth in one go

Jaq Draco
14-09-2005, 03:45
and most people ask how come im so thin, and thats no joke

i only really eat one meal a day

Wiseman
14-09-2005, 03:50
sound a bit defensive there JD;) ok so ya not fat, but still its so easy to bait you:D

Luke
14-09-2005, 09:37
i used to be an extra 6 and a half stones heavier but i was never usually desperate enough to want to eat in a Maccy-D's. and i was like the ultimate stereotyped fat hungry git.

still eat like a horse mind, only these days im a svelt 12.5 stone :D

sparks
14-09-2005, 10:34
mcdonalds was my hangover cure on a saturday at work. even though it left my mouth still tasting rank, the grease and chips combo seemed to always work nicely! now, it's more of a last gasp thing, or to wind up my sis who has turned horribly anti-corporate since being brainwashed by a friend at work(i'm not pro-corporation as such, it's just got to the point of being preachy now, which just irritates the hell out of me!)

anyway, back on topic, i'm going to have a couple of slices of toast with peanut butter(crunchy, of course) for breakfast!

VanDoo
14-09-2005, 15:02
ok then beat this, from maccas
1 quarter pounder
1 large fries
10 chicken nuggets
dont forget the two little tubs of sweet and sour sauce
1 large coke
eaten in five minutes flat
and i have timed myself

it was a lunch break at work

*bows in deference*

(to himself) We will see, JD, we will see...

Marty D
14-09-2005, 16:39
meh anything savoury always does the trick - theres a greggs nearby our school so when we partake in 'free period activities' we always take a trick down there
i suggest a steak bake and some ribena to take the cotton mouth away

the only thing ive ever eaten alot of when i have been st**** (eesh, its naughty) was asda smartprice chocolate - its like 28p for a large bar

Luke
14-09-2005, 17:51
asda smartprice wafer bars are also incredibly nice. cant remember how much they are tho. ***** rating!

scottb
14-09-2005, 19:16
If your in a pub it has to be Bacon firies..No argument.

Hideous Loon
14-09-2005, 19:32
I shall have to argue for the exquisite tastyness of Dried Salted Peanuts, the only munchie that has a comicbook named after it. Yi-ha!

Luke
14-09-2005, 21:32
I shall have to argue for the exquisite tastyness of Dried Salted Peanuts, the only munchie that has a comicbook named after it. Yi-ha!

NO! dammit, dry roasted peanuts, like god himself smiled down and blessed the nut with a dry and gritty OH so savoury coating of grimbly tomoto-like goodness.

Cade
14-09-2005, 23:27
Dry-roasted peanuts are okay........but honey-roasted peanuts win by a mile.

If only KP still made salt 'n' vinegar flavour roast peanuts......those were the days!

Piku
14-09-2005, 23:32
Urgh. I've just made myself unwell with haribo.

Gaebriel
15-09-2005, 08:41
Fresh muffins, any muffin will do, but the world's best muffins are made by a bakery around the corner - especially the light ones... *YUM*