PDA

View Full Version : boneripper vs bonegiant

forthegloryofkazadekrund
06-11-2007, 09:31
ok this happened last night in a battle i was watching

the tk bone giant charged boneripper,boneripper passed his terror test, in the combat 1 wound was caused each but the giant won because of size

would boneripper (causes fear) have to automaticly run due to being beaten by a fear causing enemy, as terror would be clasified as fear as boneripper passed his terror test

the way it was explained to me was even thought he had passed his terror test, he had to run because the bone giants terror was reduced to fear and bone ripper counts as no longer having fear for this purpose

hope this is understandable

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
06-11-2007, 09:56
Yes, I believe you reasoned it correctly. Bone Giant causes Terror, Boneripper causes Fear, so giant's Terror reduced to Fear. Although Boneripper would have taken a Fear test, not a Terror test when he was charged initially.

WillFightForFood
06-11-2007, 18:05
Actually, you reasoned it incorrectly. Boneripper is unbreakable. He shouldn't be taking any tests.

Also, A fear causing unit charged by a terror causer takes a fear test. Regardless of whether or not they pass the fear test, the opponent still causes fear against them. Supposing they lost a round of combat against the enemy that causes fear and outnumbers they would run or need insane courage.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
06-11-2007, 18:17
Well, at least I got the Terro/Fear thing right. I didn't realize that Boneripper was Unbreakable. I suppose it makes sense, what with him being a undead-ish construct. Though Gotrek and Felix didn't find him quite unbreakable...wakka wakka wakka!!

forthegloryofkazadekrund
07-11-2007, 09:10
olle who was playing skaven didnt think he was unbreakable, have to tell him next time i see him, thanks