PDA

View Full Version : White Consuls

Calibretto
06-11-2007, 16:08
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I have recently been considering getting back into 40k (a combat patrol) after a 5-6 year absence and hit on Space Marines (id played Eldar formerly) as an army that would be relatively inexpensive and easy to paint (both positives with all of the warmachine/hordes models i already have to finish). I was originally planning on doing my own chapter but while flipping through the marine dex my friend kindly lent me i noticed the White Consuls chapter and quite liked their paint scheme. Is there any fluff/background on these fellows? Id like to learn more to see if they interest me or if I should just stick with my plan to do a DIY chapter. Thanks!

Supremearchmarshal
06-11-2007, 16:51
Here's what little I know (they have very little official fluff):

They're an Ultramarine successor chapter created during the second founding and presumably a codex chapter.

They are a member of the Astartes Praeses. Their Veterans have blue helmets.
One of their Battle Barges is called Sword of Truth (I think).

They participated in the Gothic War, and the fought against the 13th Black Crusade (the entire chapter participated there). They also helped purge the renegade Flame Falcons chapter.

Chaplain Dionitas
06-11-2007, 17:08
Well technically Black Templars would be the easiest to paint.

You primer them black

Throw some white on their pauldrons

Apply the templar cross decal

voila! You've got Black Templars!

Calibretto
06-11-2007, 17:13
Thanks Supremearchmarshall, I appreciate the info!

@ Chaplain Dionitas: Black Templars are indeed easy to paint. I wasnt talking specifically to ease of color though, more to the fact that space marines have nice smooth open areas of armor that would be easy to paint whatever color i choose. Thanks though!

Anyone else know about the Consuls?

TheMartyr451
06-11-2007, 17:45
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/White_Consuls

Lexicanum is your friend:)

There isn't much, and most of it was stated before.

Calibretto
06-11-2007, 17:55
Thanks! Yeah, after doing some web searches im certainly getting the idea that theres not much on these guys.

Vaulkhar
06-11-2007, 18:42
What Lexicanium doesn't mention is that elements of the Chapter were present at the Thracian Atrocity in 340.M41 and assisted the Inquisition in the cleanup of the escaped psykers (most notably the capture/abduction/rescue of Esarhaddon). Presumably they were also involved in the Crusade to purge the Dolsene subsector from 240-340.M41 as well (source - Malleus)