PDA

View Full Version : army of undying kings.

nurgle_boy
09-09-2005, 20:06
army of undead kings. Wight 2k.

undead king (blood dragon vampire lord with strength of steel, master strike, and heart piercing), full plate armour, sheild, and ring of the night = 433

undead prince (wight lord), great weapon, heavy armour, shield=70

29 grave guard, shields, full command, banner of the barrows= 452
24 grave guard, shields, full command= 342

10 servamts (skeleton bowmen) =100
10 servamts (skeleton bowmen) =100

undead queen (banshee) =90

total=1999

the basics of the army, is for the big unit to hit hard, and maybe break the unit from its causing fear tests or hurt it in combat, generaly hitting on a 3+ (always, banner of the barrows), and wounding on 3+ or 4+, with killing blow, and of course the equivilent of a vampire lord as well.
the king also rocks in challanges (which he has to issue) with 5 str 7 attacks, with hilling blow, and re-rolling to hit.

the other 2 units each contain an undead prince, again all with killing blow, a frontage of 5, and a hero.

the servents follow up protecting flanks, and firing some missles off.

the banshee works along side the main units, making some noise, and causing hurt, and generaly loitering around the kings as his rotting, dead wife.

all in all, a small elite force, that hits hard.

in 3k games, i add some undead knights (2x7) and a pair more undead princes, and maybe some more servants.

theres only one king here!

nurgle_boy
09-09-2005, 21:28
just wrote up a 3k list.

a little faster with the black knights, but still no magic defense... i know it seems silly to go scroll-less, but i dont take panic checks, so its just a case of whittling it out untill i reach combat...

at least the undying knights will reach combat on turn 2...

still, its a fairly small, elite army, that's a little fragile against certain things, such as heavy missle and magic, although not many people in my local battle bunker play there style armies...

oh, apart from the empire gunline and the wood elf players :rolleyes:

ah well, heres the list!

army of undead kings. Wight 3k.

undead king (blood dragon vampire lord with strength of steel, master strike, and heart piercing), full plate armour, sheild, and ring of the night = 433

undead prince (wight lord), great weapon, heavy armour, shield, barded steed=82
undead prince (wight lord), great weapon, heavy armour, shield, barded steed=82

29 grave guard, shields, full command, banner of the barrows= 452

7 undying knights (black knights), barding, full command=240
7 undying knights (black knights), barding, full command=240

11 servants (skeleton bowmen) =110
11 servants (skeleton bowmen) =110
12 servants (skeleton bowmen) =120
12 servants (skeleton bowmen) =120

total=2993
a decent 144 models, and theyre al fairly elite, and hit hard (ok, for the bowmen its a lie!, but they protect flanks and that...).

backslide
10-09-2005, 04:24
I really think you should focus your efforst on the core list rather than the 'back of the book' lists as very few people are silly enough to allow their use.

post a stadard list and I will happly provide feedback.

nurgle_boy
10-09-2005, 08:49
whats so bad about the back of the book list?
i mean, i dont play tourny games, and a lot of my friend use back of the book lists, because theyre more characterfull.
and as far as i can see, im not abuseing the list in any way, if anything, its not a strong as a normal list... pretty much no magic and no raisable units, apart from the skeleton archers...

i dont see why theres a problem in creating a characterfull list, as long as it doesnt abuse the back of the book lists, such as taking 50 odd black knights in the lance formation, and just overpowering.

nurgle_boy
10-09-2005, 19:12
what, no comments??
after a day?
this deserves a

*BUMP*

Adlan
10-09-2005, 19:35
I'd take some war hounds in stead of some of the bow men, just to act as arrow fodder and take out anything the could.

nurgle_boy
10-09-2005, 20:46
hmmm adding hairy ponies (wolves) would mean having to use the core book lists...
and i really want to use the back of the book list...
still, i gues i could use the bowmen as fodder..

backslide
11-09-2005, 10:08
I mean, I dont play tourny games, and a lot of my friend use back of the book lists, because theyre more characterfull.

granted it's one of the tamest ones I have seen and would be easy to beat, I just think the 'BOB' list for BD is awfull and you wou't be better of focusing your attention to the standard list becasue at least you can use that with more than just your mates.

as it stands your 2K list is very naff. :o

Monkeys always win
12-09-2005, 04:42
Interesting....

What would you do about a cavalry army?? The grave guard are rather slow....

nurgle_boy
12-09-2005, 07:36
i guess against cavalry, it would purely be a case of holding against them, and striking back in the 2nd round.

say, i lose 4-5 models from lances. my basic combat res of 5 should stop too many models crumbling, and with the great weapon wight lord in the unit, i should hopefully be able to hit 3, wound 3, with one killing blow, and then with a -3 save, maybe kill some.
the wights also have killing blow, so really they can cause damage against heavy armour as well. and they have a reasonable 3+ save for combat.

in 3000pts, i have some cav of my own, which should A) act as a fire magnet, and B) cause some damage on the charge.

4 great weapon attacks, 4 lance attacks, all with killing blow.

i guess id be weak against brettonians, and armies with lots of handguns and magic...
as well as speedy all skirmishers... it would make taking caalry a must!