PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Point Settra

UltimateNagash
06-11-2007, 19:50
Realising that a certain Campaign would help me making the ultimate Settra list, I have now got a Truthsayer in the list! A Level 3 Wizard with +1 to Dispel, perfect for what this army needs ;)
So, with a bit of shuffling around, trying to fit everything in, but keep to Settra's annoying rule (grumble...), so yeah... What do you guys and gals think now?
Hope the minimum 1500 point bit includes characters chariots, otherwise I'm 40 points short :(

The Truthsayer goes with the Tomb Guard, BTW... (obviously ;))

Settra 625

Truthsayer 265

Tomb Prince 179
Spear of Antarhak, light armour, shield, chariot

Tomb Prince 194
Great weapon, light armour, Blue Khepra, chariot

Tomb Prince 194
Great weapon, light armour, Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt, Brooch of the Great Desert, chariot

4 Chariots 220
Standard Bearer, Mirage Standard

4 Chariots 160

5 Chariots 200

5 Chariots 200

5 Chariots 200

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen 87
Musician

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen 80

23 Tomb Guard 319
Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion

3 Carrion 72

2999 points

brambleten
06-11-2007, 20:16
thats a nice strong list that would wet itself if it saw some s7 weapons.

UltimateNagash
06-11-2007, 20:24
I know - that's the only problem with lists like this...

I'm tempted to drop a Chariot unit or two to add some more Heavy Cavalry... What do you think?

Malorian
06-11-2007, 21:41
I think that many chariots would be hard to manage. Sure they are basically fast cav, but they still have to line up to setup a charge. But then again, you're probably a better chariot general than me. (The only ones I have are stegadons...)

Otherwise it looks good. I'd be scared to face it : )

brambleten
07-11-2007, 06:53
as HEs get SoA, do they get that before or after impact hits of your chariots?
if they attack after, id be scared to face that list as well.
you only really have 1 unit that cant move as fast as the others, which sort of takes away from the all out hittyness of the list

mortetvie
07-11-2007, 07:07
I think the list could benefit from some bone giants. Also, s7 weapons are not that big of a deal as setra can just face anything s7 alone and if a single hero at s7 charges a chariot unit, just issue a challenge. Also, I suggest taking an icon bearer with either hidden dead or banner of the sands that prevents marching for a turn, it can really give you an edge in mobility not to mention good combat res (bsb+warbanner on unit+ banner is already static 3 cr).

UltimateNagash
07-11-2007, 11:55
I'm tempted to split the Tomb Guard into two, grab two Screaming Skull Catapults and use the Tomb Guard as a guard for them (hence the name ;)) :D

Malorian
07-11-2007, 19:32
Seems like a waste for such a costly unit...

Maelx
09-11-2007, 18:08
Squeeze some points out somewhere to get those carrion up to 5. It's exceedingly useful to be able to fly them behidn the enemy lines and get crossfire bonuses to auto-kill them if they flee.