PDA

View Full Version : Techmarine stuff

Ocid
07-11-2007, 01:06
Anyone know where i can read up on some techmarine background material or stories of some kind?

Had also wondered if the Black Library had done any stuff on them but couldn't find anything?

Cheers

Lisiecki
07-11-2007, 04:52
I dont think theres much
I could be VERY VERY wrong, and if i am, then some one will tell me.
But im pretty sure that before 4th ed there was very little mention of Tech marines. I remember the Space Wolf iron priests who i'm fairly sure are the rules basis for Techmarines.
It seems like a lot of things like that happened in 4th ed now that im getting more used to it, im also fairly sure that in 3rd ed, Thunder Hammers and Adamantium mantels were Salamander only

LordXaras
07-11-2007, 05:25
Techmarines are Space Marines that showed an affinity for technological solutions in the beginning of their training and spent a lot of time in the Chapter Forge or just hanging out with the Techmarines. Then a decision was made by the Techmarines to have the youngster initiated, so he's shipped to Mars for proper training by the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Thus, Techmarines are both members of the Adeptus Astartes and Adeptus Mechanicus.

TheBigBadWolf
07-11-2007, 08:12
There is an index astartes on them, im not sure what issue though, i will get it when i get home from uni

TheBigBadWolf
07-11-2007, 08:17
The IA is in WD 291 UK if u can get hold of it

Tehkonrad
07-11-2007, 08:30
I hope you do

LordXaras
07-11-2007, 10:10
Ah, yes. The IA.

I'm quite certain it cannot be found if you google Red Elf.

I could be wrong, though.

Apologist
07-11-2007, 11:12
Techmarines have been in the background since Rogue Trader. If you can lay your hands on a copy of the White Dwarf Rogue Trader Compendium, there's quite a bit in there.

Some relevant snippets that you might find interesting:
Aspirants train for thirty years on a forgeworld to qualify as Techmarines.
On returning to their chapter, they're treated with reverence and seen as unusual.
They are marked with the Claw symbol (just a hand over the shoudler pad). Note that this seems to have been removed from the background.

Lisiecki
07-11-2007, 12:18
Techmarines have been in the background since Rogue Trader. If you can lay your hands on a copy of the White Dwarf Rogue Trader Compendium, there's quite a bit in there.

Ah i was wrong then. Thanks for the correction

Ocid
07-11-2007, 15:48
Excellent. Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll try to get ahold of WD 291 at some point.

And i didn't find red elf. My russian happens to be non-existant though.

Vaulkhar
07-11-2007, 17:18
Apologist, it changed into the Machina Opus on the right shoulder and the chapter symbol on the left by Codex Ultramarines. Not sure what it was before that.

Deus Mechanicus
07-11-2007, 17:37
Excellent. Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll try to get ahold of WD 291 at some point.

And i didn't find red elf. My russian happens to be non-existant though.

Im pretty sure that there isn't an english version on red-elf if it would have existed.

TheMartyr451
07-11-2007, 17:37
I'm pretty sure the 2nd edition Ultramarines and Space Wolves codexes(codexi?) would have a good amount of fluff in them.