PDA

View Full Version : Decision Time! Orks or RW!

Dr Cuddles
07-11-2007, 02:18
Looking from help from my fellow Warseer's. I'm starting up a new army, and I am having a hard time decideding between two armies.

Choice #1 Is Ravenwing - Reason = Cool Looking, Slightly hard to use, shooty not assaulty, some cool modeling chances. (About 3 Battleforces and Sammy)

Choice #2 is Ork Mob - Reason = Tons of models, looks great on the table, have not played a army like it before, new codex on the horizon. (Something like 90 Ork Boys, A few Dreads)

Previous armies I have played are Assaulty BT, Deathwing, Nidzilla, Wraithwing Necrons, and Mobile Tau. So I am looking for something I have not tried before.

Thanks!

lachlin
07-11-2007, 02:20
Orks! You may break the bank getting an army put together, but there is no army more fun than orks!

Gensuke626
07-11-2007, 02:26
Orks.

Oh you wanted a reason? Orks > Ravenwing.

The new Orks are going to be scary as heck and if you wanted to do an All Biker Ork force...not only is it doable, but it could be much more resilient than Ravenwing.

Can biker nobz take a painboy?

Chaplain Ark
07-11-2007, 02:32
i see more Ravenwing then Ork players. At the local GW...
3 Ravenwing players>1 Ork player (soon to be two when the new stuff comes out :D)

plus Orks look cool. Ravenwing is also made of land speeders=lots of anger during assembly.

boogaloo
07-11-2007, 02:36
i vote orcks. Now i am totally down for raven wing... very cool. I just want more NON-MEQs out there to ballance it all out. EVERYBODY has at least one MEQ

Dr Cuddles
07-11-2007, 04:39
Thanks for the votes so far!

Also forgot to add, will be playing a lot of city's of death, if that will effect anything.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
07-11-2007, 04:41
Orks!! Rock the house! The new models look great and the universe is supposed to be full of them, so we need you out there kicking some butt and taking names!

Repzik
07-11-2007, 04:47
simple, orks, they look cool, you get to run a boat load of models and, imo, there prob one of the most fun armies to play

Vaktathi
07-11-2007, 04:48
Da Boyz. I mean really, its no contest.

fwacho
07-11-2007, 07:03
Okay .. I have both armies.
Ravenwing is fast. real fast.. like gives mech armies problems type fast. Its also a low model count. however raven wing will mena painting nearly identical modesl. (I got 2000 points and just couldn't make myself paint any more. (cuorse I choose a paint scheme that took 4 hours to apply per bike). These guys require skill to use well and they can fight better in hadn to hand thna you might realize. course you'll need to aquire a bunch of speacila wepoans to make them effective and do a few minor conversions. The librarian on a bike is a freaking beast. Seriously, a beast.

Orks are way fun to convert and easy to paint. plus they're the flavor of the month. Orks get my vote actually. I've made two ork armies and I've actauly enjoyed making (i've got 14 scratch-built vehilces and a heavily looted Russ) and painting them. They are also a change from my shooty armies. (allthough they are more shooty now in new codex) They should be alot easier to use in up and coming codex.

Clang
07-11-2007, 07:25
orks if you love converting, RW if you're one of those boring players who want a boring-looking army just like everyone else's

OnlyInDeath
07-11-2007, 07:27
Orks. We need more Xenos armies and far far less Marine armies.

Darkseer
07-11-2007, 07:27
Orks if you like madness.

Ravenwing if you like cruising around to heavy metal.

Oddly I'd pick the latter.

Reflex
07-11-2007, 09:00
there are not enough Ork players out there in 40k... go orks

boogle
07-11-2007, 09:19
Well if you're willing to wait a couple of months, then go with the Orks, you'll be able to make them more unique than you would with the RW

logosloki
07-11-2007, 09:23
go with the orks, this game needs more hordes.

Perfect Organism
07-11-2007, 09:29
As far as I'm concerned the answer to 'what army should I do next' is always Orks or Imperial Guard.

Yes, even if you aren't playing 40k.

misterboff
07-11-2007, 09:58
Previous armies I have played are Assaulty BT, Deathwing, Nidzilla, Wraithwing Necrons, and Mobile Tau. So I am looking for something I have not tried before.

I'd say Orks for 2 reasons:

1. Because I play Orks, and they rock!
2. Judging by your previous armies, none of them have been a real horde, so Orks would definitely be more of a change for you than a 3rd SM army.

I hope you like/can tolerate painting though, because you'll need a lot of models for a horde if the new Codex rumours are anything to go by.

Also, if you're not too bothered about using the new models, you can probably pick up a lot of the stuff that is going to be replaced for quite cheap second hand.

misterboff

Edzard
07-11-2007, 10:13
Orks if you like madness.

Ravenwing if you like cruising around to heavy metal.

Oddly I'd pick the latter.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/evil-suns/images/warbike.jpg
Orkz iz made for rokkin!!

You already have 2 Marine armies, I would recommend Orkz. Gives you a little more variation, and you can also play motorized Orks if you would want to ;)

Galatan
07-11-2007, 11:39
As a dark angel player I would still say orcs for you, because then you would at least try a totally differant style of army. And that is in my book always a good thing to do.

lolman
07-11-2007, 13:18
As a wannabe Ravenwinger (is that word?) Id say RW. IMO there is nothing better looking than mass bikers and Land Speeder, sexy. gl anywho

Captain Micha
07-11-2007, 13:19
Orks, hands down. Everyone knows everything's better when your green...

or when you paint it red..

gorenut
07-11-2007, 13:30
As much as I like Orks.. I think you should try your hand at Ravenwing. We all know Orks will be the next bandwagon for everyone to jump on to. I cruised to my local Battle Bunker and noticed already people are getting ready for their new release. 6 gaming tables going on and half of them had Orks.

However, main reason why I suggest Ravenwing is because it would allow you to double up with your Deathwing to play bigger Doublewing army.

Bulwark
07-11-2007, 13:30
Ravenwing as so slow, they can only move 24" a turn max. Speed Freaks really know how to turn on the speed and are faster than those ravenwings every time.
You just can't turn down a 31" move.

Dribble Joy
07-11-2007, 13:31
Do both. A Speed Freak biker mob. The biker WB is possibly one of the hardest characters out there and warbikes in general are more survivable than before.

Edit:
And you can do it without Wazdakka, but it is expensive.
Two WBs on bikes, with PK, CB, squig and boss pole.
Two units of 7 nobs on bikes, one nob in each made into a painboy.
16 models for 1k points is a lot, but could be fun.

==Me==
07-11-2007, 14:13
As much as I like Orks.. I think you should try your hand at Ravenwing. We all know Orks will be the next bandwagon for everyone to jump on to. I cruised to my local Battle Bunker and noticed already people are getting ready for their new release. 6 gaming tables going on and half of them had Orks.

However, main reason why I suggest Ravenwing is because it would allow you to double up with your Deathwing to play bigger Doublewing army.

Agreed. As much as I love Orks, the Dark Angel in ==Me== sees DW all alone. DW and RW go together perfectly, even a small RW force can be combined with your DW to make a very nasty and fun force.

zodgrim
07-11-2007, 18:17
From what I've read, there will be Nob bikers. And potentially more than one unit of them. Orks for the win!:D