PDA

View Full Version : PSP Questions???

Gavmo
10-09-2005, 01:33
Hey all. I've just gotten a PSP for my birthday from the boss. (2 weeks early, but do you see me complaining?) And I have some questions concerning the Memory Stick.
You cant imagine how irritated I was to find out that I would need another special drive to read the bloody thing after spending $610. :mad:

Questions:
Do I really need another special drive to copy stuff to the memory stick?

Do I have to use a "Memory Stick Duo?" Is there a cheaper brand out there and will it work on my new toy? (I wouldnt put it past Sony to make it so that you could only use their brand.)

If I get a 1gig memory stick, can I watch movies I have loaded onto it from my computer and not have to buy the DVD's?

P.S. Some of these things may be in the manual, but I havnt read it yet. Real men dont need instructions. :evilgrin:

Perrin_Goldeneye
10-09-2005, 18:51
Hi,
First the PSP acts as a memory stick reader. Just plug it in and got to usb conection.

You need to use that memory.

I was thinkin the same thing with the 1gig memory. I dont know what the PSP can read.I guess it can only read .umd and mp4 files.

Hope this helps

Later

Inquisitor Engel
10-09-2005, 20:07
You must use a Memory stick duo, although not all of them are made by Sony, but they may not be available in your area.

That said, just buy the USB link for your PSP and you should be able to copy stuff.

Ravening Wh0re
10-09-2005, 20:41
Most people I know have bought the Sandisk Memory Stick. It's cheaper and faster

Gavmo
11-09-2005, 01:35
I've tried to copy stuff from my desktop to the PSP using the USB connection but it wont work. I've put it straight onto the disk, put it in folders and put it in folders in the PSP directory. Its just not working!!! :mad:

God damn it! Now I have to go read the manual!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brimstone
11-09-2005, 07:14
Or you could read this. (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/features/default.asp?siteid=60&sectiontypeid=8&subsectionid=1641&pagetypeid=2&articleid=37155&page=2)

Other bits of PSP info here. (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/features/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=37155&subsectionid=1641)

Gavmo
11-09-2005, 08:18
Brimstone, I love you mate. Thank you. :)

He Who Laughs
12-09-2005, 09:37
You got a PSP? You ******* rotten bugger Gavmo! I played it quickly one day at Harvey Normans, they had WipEout Pure on it, and I was wrapped - brings back old memories of playing the original version at T1's house back in high school. I think I'd buy one just to play WipEout Pure, but I don't have that sorta cash. But I guess you did buy your missus that rock the other day, so I reckon a PSP is a pretty top gift in return. Good onya.

Dooppie
12-09-2005, 09:56
I have questions about PSP too.

1.Are the games fun too play on the 'small' screen?
2.I have heard that some people have dead pixels on there PSP screen.
3.Does the PSP have back light?...when I am in the bus or train I wanna see good vieuw of the game instead shadow/sun on my screen.

:D

Ravening Wh0re
12-09-2005, 11:01
I have questions about PSP too.

1.Are the games fun too play on the 'small' screen?
2.I have heard that some people have dead pixels on there PSP screen.
3.Does the PSP have back light?...when I am in the bus or train I wanna see good vieuw of the game instead shadow/sun on my screen.

:D

1. Yes it's fun. You get to play games wherever you go (apart from when you're swimming). One of the biggest appeals of the PSP is the fact it has a "big" screen.

2. Dead pixels do exist. Check here to see a small survey in Aus about the problem http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=3040

3. Of course it has a backlight. :)

If you DO get dead pixels, take it back for an exchange. Don't take no for an answer since it's perfectly within your rights (Sales of Goods Act)

BorisGT
12-09-2005, 13:47
Evidently the first batch or two of PSPs had a load of dead pixels, but since it has been out for a while I think your chances of getting dead pixels are less. Sony seems to have worked out some of what causes them.

Gavmo
12-09-2005, 14:01
You got a PSP? You ******* rotten bugger Gavmo!

Dont worry mate, i'll let you play it when our birthdays come around. I actually have some time off! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ravening Wh0re
12-09-2005, 21:02
Evidently the first batch or two of PSPs had a load of dead pixels, but since it has been out for a while I think your chances of getting dead pixels are less. Sony seems to have worked out some of what causes them.

But these WERE'NT the first couple of batches. These were the PAL releases(Sep 05), a long time after they were released in JP and US. You'd think they could have fixed the problem by then.

Brimstone
12-09-2005, 21:32
But these WERE'NT the first couple of batches. These were the PAL releases(Sep 05), a long time after they were released in JP and US. You'd think they could have fixed the problem by then.

I don't think it's a fixable problem these things happen, all they can do is minimise the occurance.

If you have a problem with it just harrass Sony until they replace it.