PDA

View Full Version : how do you arm a dwarf lord?

lector#1
07-11-2007, 11:24
how do you arm a combat heavy dwarf lord-
how do you arm a defensive dwarf lord-
and how do you arm a ranged dwarf lord-

im confused on how to arm my dwarf lord and how he would be most effective pleas help

Crube
07-11-2007, 20:07
Whenever I was working on my dwarf army, I alwys ran my lord with minimal equipment, just a double handed ave, and heavy armour, maybe with a rune of stone or something. I find with dwarfs tnat they are too slow to really get their points back if you go overboard trying to be too offensive...

And that's that really - I've never really thought about a specific ranged lord....

beezlebubbles
19-11-2007, 18:45
For a combat lord i would have at least one rune of fury master rune of kragg the grim rune of cleaving and a great weapon shieldbearers and rune of stone and i wouldnt recomend defensive dwarves and i would go for a master engineer much more cost effective then a lord for someone who wont go into combat.

Vishok
19-11-2007, 18:51
Rune Axe of Furious Speed (2 Runes of Fury, Rune of Speed),
Gromril Armor and Shield

Dead Man Walking
20-11-2007, 01:40
My dawrf lords go with defensive runes and great axe with no runes.

I go shield bearers, immunity to killing blow/poison, toughness +1, gromil armor, +1 to armor rune, 4+ ward save, and +1 magic resistance. Then I give him a great axe. Dwarf lords are not there to kill a lot of things, they are there to absorb attacks. If challenged he can out survive anything that you throw at him and will eventually cut the opponent down to size.

However I stopped fielding a dwarf lord because he costs just as much as a 20 man unit of hammerers and 20 hammerers get a lot more done in a game than one lord.

Now I just field a thane to master rune of challenge, rune smith and a thane bsb. I field an all marchy army and every unit gets magic resistance of at least 1. That takes my 5 or 6 dice of dispel and stretches it out to almost 12 and makes bound items or khemri a joke.

brambleten
20-11-2007, 07:50
the only dwarf lord i have used is the WD, but i would say just take him as you would take a thane, but with the nasty stuff that the thane cannot afford