PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and goblins vs unusual beasts of chaos hoarde

morganthegreat
07-11-2007, 11:06
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some tactical ideas against a beastmen hoard with very few beastmen.

Basically I'm up against 2 chariots, one carrying a wargor, 3 minotaurs, 18 horrors, 4 flamers, and a giant.

I've got a fairly decent amount of options (orc boyz, arrer boyz, a giant, a bunch of night goblins [but NO fanatics - which is a pain], a spear chukka and some charriots).

Any suggestions tactics wise?

M_M
07-11-2007, 12:51
is this 1000pts if so the beasts list isn't legal IIRC a wargor can't be mounted in a chariot(even more so if tzeentch), I am away from my books tho

just get the banner that allows all goblins in a unit have poison attacks and shoot the giant with ALL of them, just for fun. shoot the chariots with the goblins and spear chukka have a goblin shaman with dispel scrolls to counter the horrors and have units of 20+ orcs and 30+ goblins with command.

a basic list I might take would be (equipment choices left up to you):

0rc Big boss in chariot (if you have a boar chariot)
goblin BSB on wolf with spider banner in night goblin archers
goblin shaman with optional scrolls
30+ night goblins archers with command (watch his face when you unleash 30 poison shots at his giant)
20+ orcs with choppas, shields and command
Spear chukka
giant
more goblins and/or orcs with remaining points

Braad
08-11-2007, 06:02
Be Orc.

March&Charge!

morganthegreat
09-11-2007, 05:47
Oh guys, it worked. The poison arrows were perfect!

Thanks alot for the tips, I was stumped but I won one out of the two games we played (which against this particular opponent I count as a great victroy!).

=D

redyellowpinkgreen
11-11-2007, 10:24
don't forget the S7 instant chariot death thing, and magic attacks negate daemons ward saves

SkawtheFalconer
11-11-2007, 10:51
If you can get into the horrors, you'll wipe them. They're impressive magically, but terrible in combat, and worth an absolute boat load of points for an easily poppable unit!

Urgat
11-11-2007, 11:38
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some tactical ideas against a beastmen hoard with very few beastmen.

Basically I'm up against 2 chariots, one carrying a wargor, 3 minotaurs, 18 horrors, 4 flamers, and a giant.

I've got a fairly decent amount of options (orc boyz, arrer boyz, a giant, a bunch of night goblins [but NO fanatics - which is a pain], a spear chukka and some charriots).

Any suggestions tactics wise?

The poisoned arrows tactitic is sound. To that, I'd say add fanatics (man you have a fanatic as your avatar, you ought to buy some to stop charriot charges). Then a unit of squig hoppers. They are perfect to take down the minautors. The horrors and flamers can be taken out by whatever you want.

That's a very sad list btw, this beastman army...