PDA

View Full Version : What is the round object in the hand of some Tau models?

adders
07-11-2007, 17:10
Hello all. I've always wondered what the round device held in the hand off some Tau is, any ideas? I thought it might be a marker light but there is nothing in the codex about this. Cheers

xibo
07-11-2007, 17:18
I think it's a pokeball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Ball) >.<
Now seriously, i would guess it to be a photon grenade. I don't remember which one but one of the __new__ pathfinders has something that was refered as EMP grenade in some WD and it looks different. Furthermore the dish thingie in FW's had looks like the things in the containers the FW and Pathfinders have at their belts ... I know the one in his hand is much larger but then again, 40K is not about scale.

EDIT:

It's a tamagotchii because they're so advanced.

Hey! My Inquisitor has a Tamagochii! It's his personal advisor!

Torga_DW
07-11-2007, 17:23
Thats a hard one. Tamogotchi or pokeball. On the one hand, i can imagine the darn thing wanting attention in the middle of a life or death situation. On the other hand, i'd love to get within 12" and shout: Great Gnarloc! I choose you! hehehe

But in all seriousness, its a photon grenade. Although after reading this thread i'll have serious trouble thinking of it as a grenade in future.

Visionary
07-11-2007, 17:31
Photon Grenade....

or a pocket diary:

"Dear Diary, today i wounded some marines on a 3+ it was glorious..."

Durath
07-11-2007, 17:33
Photon Grenade....

or a pocket diary:

"Dear Diary, today i wounded some marines on a 3+ it was glorious..."

And the next line of the diary reads:

"but then 66% of those wounds only damaged their armor, and failed to kill the marines"

On topic: I believe they are photon grens. also

boogle
07-11-2007, 19:09
It's an EMP Grenade as the Photon grenades are the proper grenades that are on the sprues

Culven
07-11-2007, 20:10
They are EMP grenades, IMO. The proper grenades are Photo Grenades.

I have a Squig Hopper converted and painted so that the Gobbo looks like Ash holding a Pokeball and he is riding Pikachu. I do strange things with Squig Hoppers. :evilgrin:

Norminator
07-11-2007, 20:59
Yeah, it's an EMP grenade. The photon grenades are the one on the sprue which you attach to the Tau belts (they look like proper grenades/canisters).

Why is everyone spamming this thread with crap?

adders
08-11-2007, 07:20
Hello All

If it is an EMP grenade.

What does a marker light look like and how do people model them onto their Firewarrior Shas'ui?

Cheers

Kulgur
08-11-2007, 07:32
Look at the pathfinder pulsecarbines, they're on the underside of the weapon (if memory serves). Only reason they're heavy weapons is they're essentially laser pointers so you have to keep them steady:)

xibo
08-11-2007, 09:14
Look at the pathfinder pulsecarbines, they're on the underside of the weapon (if memory serves). Only reason they're heavy weapons is they're essentially laser pointers so you have to keep them steady:)
They're on the top of the pulse carbines. The thing on the bottom of it ( which is also present on the FW pulse carbines ) is a flash grenade launcher, which causes pinning or at least did so at the old dex.

Brimstone
08-11-2007, 10:07
Anymore spam on this thread and I'll stop being nice.

You have been warned.

The Warseer Inquisition

elvinltl
08-11-2007, 10:08
Grenades? Most likely IMO. Not pokeballs. =.=