PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts + 2x 250 Point Detachments Hew HE for tournament.

Linkusmax
07-11-2007, 21:35
Basically, 4 games at 2250 and 2 at 2500, so Entire force must be a legal army and no partial units in the detachments.

Mage Lvl 2 135
Seerstaff 30 (Choose Spells)
Dispel Scroll
Total 185

Battle Standard Bearer 110
Armour Of Caledor 25 (2+ AS can't be made better)
Amulet Of Light 15 (All attacks of character + unit are magical)
Great Weapon 8
Total 158

Commander 85
Barded Elven Steed 16
Dragon Armour 6
Shield 2
Star Lance 40 (+3 S on charge)
Gem Of Courage 10 (One use only, Roll a LD test on 3D6 as per cold blooded)
Total 159

Core

21 Spear Elves 189 (3x7)
Musician + Standard 20
Total 209

10 Archers 110

Special

6 Dragon Princes 180

Lion Chariot 140

21 Phoenix Guard 315 (3x7)
Full Command 30
Total 345

10 White Lions 150
Musician 6

10 White Lions 150
Musician 6

Rare

1 Repeater Bolt Throwers 100
2 Great Eagles 100

1998 Points

Detachment 1
6 Dragon Princes 180
Full Command 50
Warbanner 20

Detachment 2
Mage Lvl 2
Jewel Of the Dusk

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower 100

What does everyone think? Comp? Criticisms? Advice? Changes I should make?

radbug
08-11-2007, 13:00
Is it a special rule for the new high elfs that their BsB's can take two handed weapons? Typically a BsB can not take a shield nor anything that required two hands to use (e.g. a great weapon), so that would make your BsB illegal, but I have no idea about the new high elfs and if they have a special rule about this.

/R

neo_ebrick
08-11-2007, 13:46
over all pretty good watch out for unbreakable units tying up the PG's, then trying to pick off your other units.

Linkusmax
08-11-2007, 17:03
Is it a special rule for the new high elfs that their BsB's can take two handed weapons? Typically a BsB can not take a shield nor anything that required two hands to use (e.g. a great weapon), so that would make your BsB illegal, but I have no idea about the new high elfs and if they have a special rule about this.

/R

Unlike most army books the high elves have no restriction on what weapons a BSB can take.

feintstar
09-11-2007, 00:42
That's gotta be a typo. That's going to be FAQed you betcha. Just watch your comp. score with that one.

Otherwise, looks pretty good. - Though I'm not too sure where you're going with your mage/mages - they aren't really going to get much in the way of spells off in a tourney environment, and they aren't expecially maximized for dispellery either. And you've got the seerstaff, but not sure what you're looking to use it for...

Just also in terms of tweaking your heroes - they look good, but I'd give the mounted guy an E sheild (or better yet the talisman of Loec thingy). You shouldn't be expecting to need Ld tests with a charging DP unit, and if you're losing after that, the Ld won't really help you all that much in the end. But with the talisman, you'll be chopping treemen to bits on the charge. Maybe.

Linkusmax
09-11-2007, 03:34
That's gotta be a typo. That's going to be FAQed you betcha. Just watch your comp. score with that one.

Otherwise, looks pretty good. - Though I'm not too sure where you're going with your mage/mages - they aren't really going to get much in the way of spells off in a tourney environment, and they aren't expecially maximized for dispellery either. And you've got the seerstaff, but not sure what you're looking to use it for...

Just also in terms of tweaking your heroes - they look good, but I'd give the mounted guy an E sheild (or better yet the talisman of Loec thingy). You shouldn't be expecting to need Ld tests with a charging DP unit, and if you're losing after that, the Ld won't really help you all that much in the end. But with the talisman, you'll be chopping treemen to bits on the charge. Maybe.

Apparently GW intended it to be that way hence why all their figures with Battle standards using the new kits have a shield.

The current game over here in Australia isn't actually that magic heavy (most armys defence is a caddy with 2 scrolls) but yes I have been considering changing the items around a tad. As for the gem its a hard decision between the 3 items especially since the talisman basically hands the opponent 70 points when used so you better be damn sure it gets its value.