PDA

View Full Version : The Final List

Ronny
07-11-2007, 21:41
Hey so i have come too the stage of playing my ogres that i have my final list.:p

My Ogre Kingdoms 2k army

General Ballwiper Bruiser 197p
-Heavy Armor, Great Weapon
-Longstrider, Spangleshard

Cooki the Butcher 180p
-Bangstick, Dispel Scroll

Scary Cheff, Butcher 175p
-Skull Mantle, Dispel Scroll

Ballwipers Boys Ironguts 4x 212p
-Standard

Cookis Slaves Ogre Bulls 3x 105p

Cheffs Slaves Ogre Bulls 3x 105p

Gnoblar Trappers x8 48p

Leadbelchers 5x 275p

Leadbelchers 5x 275p

Leadbelchers 5x 275p

Gorger 75p

Gorger 75p

So this is my final Leadbelchers list, i whanted 20 but this is the magic nr for me 15 :angel:

Lets start whit the General: He can go alone ore he can join the Ironguts unit, one of my gold cards is going to charge him out of the unit when my enemy think he is safe:D Whit m7 he can charge 14" and hopfully thers a chariet waiting for him.
Fore the save most enemys will send hero killers ore use other stuff like cannons.... Whit the Spangleshard i only need to roll 3 if he gets hit bay a
cannonball.

Butchers, this are the two most comman and best way two use gutmagic and anti magic.

The Bulls are gun meat ore flankers for ironguts & Leadbelchers.

Ironguts: Hard hiting unit and the standerd is for helping combat res. Dont
whant to lose CC if my general is in the unit.

Leadbelschers: One unit on boute flanks and one in the main line whit the other ogers. The flank unit is going to move and fire second turn and flee if
charge ore if they get charge before fire the first time, stand and shoot and
pray two Maw.

Gorger will do their ting, easy;)

So this is my Ogre list, not the most coman but i like it, now how two paint
them, i realy dont now.

So what do you tink ppl? Good, Bad, Unable too win?

(and im no good at english sorry about that).

Kadrium
08-11-2007, 13:55
I think you're confused as to how the spangleshard works. It isn't simply a "3+" save against cannons. In order to save a wound with a spangleshard, you must beat the roll your opponent actually rolled on his die to wound you. If you are shot with a cannon, and the player rolls a 6 to wound you, your spangleshard cannot help you, because you must beat his actual roll, NOT beat the number he needed to wound you.

The spangleshard can never save you if your opponent rolls a 6. If he rolls a 5, you must roll a 6. If he rolls a 4, you must roll a 5+, etc.

This means that IF your tyrant is hit with a str 7+ attack, and your opponent rolls a 2 or 3 to wound, then your spangleshard is better than a wyrdstone necklace. If your opponent rolls a 4, the spangleshard is equal to the wyrdstone.

However, if the attack is below str 7, and/or your opponent rolls above a 4 to wound, you would have been better off with a wyrdstone necklace.

If you take a str 7+ wound, the spangleshard is better than the wyrdstone 33% of the time. Those are horrible odds.

If you take a str 6 wound, only a roll of 3 to wound your tyrant makes the spangleshard advantagous. If you take a str 5 or less wound, the wrydstone is always equal to or better than a spangleshard.

On top of that, the spangleshard is not a "save", it actually negates wounds, so a luck gnoblar does not allow you a re-roll.

I'll take a wyrdstone neck and a luck gnoblar for a re-rollable 5+ save against every wound you can possible take, and for less points.

Also, get yourself a tyrant at 2k. Give him a tenderiser. He's a beast. Really, he's worth it over the bruiser, and you can use the extra Ld, especially with so many leadbelchers that will be misfiring and wounding themselves.

For the most part, the rest of your units are pretty fair. You've kept your bull and irongut units smallish, which is good.

I understand what you're looking to do with the masses of leadbelchers, and with good rolling, they certainly can be very devistating. Each unit will average around 22ish shots per volley, with 11 or so hitting and about 7 wounds at -2 armor save. It can be pretty destructive, or it can blow itself up. Either way, it will be fun to play and it's not the standard cookie-cutter list that the OK Army book really pushes us ogre players into.

I wouldn't say the list is "unable to win" but it's not as strictly competitive as a more standard "piles of 3xbulls and ironguts".

Ronny
09-11-2007, 08:40
Tanks for the reply, i see what you mean stupid me. Well i have won games whit almost same list but thats luck on the dice:D

So i have made a new list. The new magic nr is 14 Leadbelchers

My Ogre Kingdoms 2k army

General Ballwiper Tyrant 270p
-Heavy Armor, Great Weapon
-Longstrider, Wyrdstone Necklace & 1x luck gnoblar

Cooki the Butcher 180p
-Bangstick, Dispel Scroll

Scary Cheff, Butcher 175p
-Skull Mantle, Dispel Scroll

Ballwipers Boys Ironguts 3x 174p
-Standard & Musician

Cookis Slaves Ogre Bulls 3x 105p

Cheffs Slaves Ogre Bulls 3x 105p

Gnoblar Trappers x8 48p

Leadbelchers 5x 275p

Leadbelchers 5x 275p

Leadbelchers 2x 120p
-Musician

Leadbelchers 2x 120p
-Musician

Gorger 75p

Gorger 75p

So Ironguts only 3x but musician added, the last Leadbelchers unit lost one and split them into two units.

Kadrium
09-11-2007, 11:43
Looks like a better list. I would say that your units of 2 leadbelchers will do better with the musicians than the units of 5. The units of 2 are perfect size to act as charge bait.

I'm interested to see how it performs. It will live and die by how well you roll the artillery die.

Malorian
09-11-2007, 20:28
Interesting list. I'm not a fan of leadbelchers (I've seen far too many kill themselves) but with the ammount you have here it should be pretty devestating.

One thing I would do though is put your tyrant in with the 5 leadbeltchers. This way they can't pick him out and you vastly help the combat effectiveness of the squad. Always add great weapon characters to non-greatweapon units and vice-versa.

Kadrium
09-11-2007, 21:12
One thing I would do though is put your tyrant in with the 5 leadbeltchers. This way they can't pick him out and you vastly help the combat effectiveness of the squad. Always add great weapon characters to non-greatweapon units and vice-versa.

Only problem with that is misfires could end up wounding the tyrant.

A tyrant will bolster a squad of bulls quite well, though.

Malorian
09-11-2007, 21:28
I don't think that's much of a worry.

Although you're right, he would even be better with the regular bulls than the ironguts.

Ronny
09-11-2007, 21:43
Yes i see what you mean by the Musician, and i was thinking tyrant
go where i need him, and one butcher goes whit the
ironguts and the otherone where he is needed. But maby i use him whit
one of the Leadblechers x5.

gerrymander61
09-11-2007, 21:50
This list looks original and well thought out. I envy your opponent, because I think it would be a fun and interesting game.

Kadrium
10-11-2007, 01:28
This list looks original and well thought out. I envy your opponent, because I think it would be a fun and interesting game.

For sure. While it's not the most competitive list possible from the OK range, it would be a very entertaining game.