PDA

View Full Version : New Ork codex

Lisiecki
08-11-2007, 03:56
I dont have access to it yet, so i wont see it untill its on sale in stores
all i want to know, is can i put at least one type of HQ on a boar, because thats all i really need from orks

thanks

pete

Hellebore
08-11-2007, 03:58
Nope. Only bikes.

hellebore

Lisiecki
08-11-2007, 03:59
:(

le sigh, well then the horrible combination of Boar and Bike it shall be

Vaktathi
08-11-2007, 04:00
There is no explicit Boar option as previous Ork armies have allowed, but he may be on a bike. I don't think too many people would object if you had a Boar in place of a bike.

Lisiecki
08-11-2007, 04:43
There is no explicit Boar option as previous Ork armies have allowed, but he may be on a bike. I don't think too many people would object if you had a Boar in place of a bike.

Thats my hope
there is something about the visual of a ork on a boar i find to be far cooler than i should

Spleendokta
08-11-2007, 04:55
Nothing wrong with using bores as bikes. Now that your HQ choice can ride a bike/bore, sounds like you can do what you wanted. :)

Lisiecki
08-11-2007, 05:00
Nothing wrong with using bores as bikes. Now that your HQ choice can ride a bike/bore, sounds like you can do what you wanted. :)

and there are so many things to do.
I just managed to get the Space marines ive been collecting, and not opening the boxes to for 11 years built and gave them a few army lists.

But orks, are far orkier

and now ill have a reasion to put Gorbad Ironclaws model on the table
as orkamedies "Give me a place to stand, and I shall smash the world."

misterboff
08-11-2007, 12:56
As has been said, you could say that Boars/Cyboars count as Bikes. I personally would have no problem, although it wouldn't be WYSIWYG for Tournaments.

The other problem is that all your Boars will need to have the same weapons as the Bikes. This could cause some problems trying to model them onto a Boar...

misterboff

Mercer
08-11-2007, 13:18
When is the new codex out, Jan isn't it?

Mercer

Gen.Steiner
08-11-2007, 13:24
This could cause some problems trying to model [the weapons] onto a Boar...

Nah, attachin' fingz ter a Boar iz ded eazee. Yoo jus' uze nailz. Nailz, boltz, an dem fings wot yoo get when yoo twist a oomie. Errr. Rope! Dat's it! :D

Lisiecki
08-11-2007, 13:30
Da Mad Dokz
and Da Mek
De be appy ta help a Bozz like me

Supremearchmarshal
08-11-2007, 13:41
When is the new codex out, Jan isn't it?

Mercer

Yep, though the Ork army set includes the codex and it will be out two weeks earlier.

Mercer
08-11-2007, 13:50
Thats pretty cool. That the battleforce pack for 50.00? Is there a list of whats included?

Mercer

Vishok
08-11-2007, 13:52
A cyboar would make a hella cool bike!

WAAAAGH DA ORKZ

BajsArne
08-11-2007, 14:03
I love boars, but if they are going to be used as bikes they need some kind of modelled justification to moving 24" per turn.

Lisiecki
08-11-2007, 14:08
I love boars, but if they are going to be used as bikes they need some kind of modelled justification to moving 24" per turn.

Ah Duh, Der Red, da red ones go faster

(or using the space marine bikes that i have to put exasut tubes and wheels on them)

MacVurrich
08-11-2007, 14:53
Thats my hope
there is something about the visual of a ork on a boar i find to be far cooler than i should

Could use this a base for a conversion
http://www.darkslaveminiatures.com/tienda/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=29

Moriarty
08-11-2007, 16:18
As has been said, you could say that Boars/Cyboars count as Bikes. I personally would have no problem, although it wouldn't be WYSIWYG for Tournaments.
misterboff

No problem, never heard of bikes being referred to as 'hogs'?

The other problem is that all your Boars will need to have the same weapons as the Bikes. This could cause some problems trying to model them onto a Boar...

misterboff

Nail them to the boar's head - it won't notice the difference!

Flatulence?

Thoth62
08-11-2007, 16:39
Works for me. They're Orks!

SquishySquig
08-11-2007, 18:03
Flatulence?
:skull: I got an amusing mental image of a burna nozle being mounted beneath the boars tail to engage the afterburna for turbo boosting. I have a bunch of boars lying around. I got them cheap off of ebay and could never decide if I wanted them for feral orks or to add them to the stuff I have laying around that will oneday go towards an orc army. I just might have to model up some hogz.:skull:

Meriwether
08-11-2007, 18:05
I don't think there'd be any issue whatsoever with using cyboars 'counts as' bikes, even in a tournament or GT. Heck, the old-but-not-ancient cyboar models are wheeled on the back. Turbo-boosting? Just flip da red levver an' let loose da drugz!

Cheers,

Meri

Gen.Steiner
08-11-2007, 18:14
I don't think there'd be any issue whatsoever with using cyboars 'counts as' bikes, even in a tournament or GT. Heck, the old-but-not-ancient cyboar models are wheeled on the back. Turbo-boosting? Just flip da red levver an' let loose da drugz!

Precisely! I quite agree. :)

Lisiecki
08-11-2007, 23:06
Ive been tinkering with some of my old Boar boys
Ive decided i really like the look of Boars with exaust pipes, and riders with duel storm bolters