PDA

View Full Version : new 2000pts high elf

neo_ebrick
08-11-2007, 12:29
with the new unstopable list (well a solid balanced list)

lvl 4 arch mage
silverwand
jewl of the dusk
dispel scroll

mage lvl 2
ring of fury

Core
18 spearmen w/standard
18 spearmen w/standard
special
12 swordmasters
standard
12 swordmasters
standard champ
5 dragonprinces
standard
5 dragonprinces
standard

white lion chariot
rare
2 bolt throwers
2 Giant Eagles
----

what you think?

neo_ebrick
10-11-2007, 08:20
at an even 2000 i'd wish someone would post there thoughts \:eyebrows::eyebrows:

ithilmar
10-11-2007, 12:29
Hi, you can't have 2 arcane items on the lvl 4 mage so need to drop either the wand or the jewel. I would give him another scroll.

I would change one of the swordmaster units for unit of white lions to give you something stubborn although i guess you can try to cast the spell.

I would maybe change one of the DP units to a unit of silverhelms and then use the points saved to change one of the spearmen units to a unit of seaguard to give you a bit more shooting to go along with the bolt throwers.

Otherwise the list looks pretty good. I'm not sure of the lion chariot is worth the extra points over the normal chariot although he does do a fair bit of damage.

Wreckage
10-11-2007, 13:42
Just because you like something doesn't mean you need to take two of them. I find it rather boring and uncharacterful that this list can be split almost perfectly in two.

neo_ebrick
10-11-2007, 14:38
awsome, ill change a unit of dp to silver helms, that way they still can get war machines, leave the dp to hit hard units change a unit of spear men to seaguard screen the sm, shoot up the field then reform before the charge stand and shoot then get asf. The silver wand will have to go. what do you think of the new changes?

lvl 4 arch mage
jewl of the dusk
dispel scroll

mage lvl 2
ring of fury

Core
18 spearmen w/standard
18 seaguard
special
12 swordmasters
standard
12 swordmasters
standard champ
5 dragonprinces
standard
5 silver helms
standard champ

white lion chariot
rare
2 bolt throwers
2 Giant Eagles

10-11-2007, 14:40
For what it's worth, I don't find your "list of two's" uncharacterful.

However, I agree with the other fellow above that a unit of White Lions will add versatility. I think everyone is enamored by the two attacks of the Swordmasters while overlooking the better shooting resilience, the ability to move through woods (and even more shooting defense if you're lurking at the edge of a wood) and Stubborn. Not to mention Str6 smashy goodness.

As for switching DPs for Silverhelms and Seaguard I'm not sure about that one.

Playtest both and see how they work for you. Experience is the best guide.

Good luck.

neo_ebrick
10-11-2007, 14:54
i'v got a few games next weekend with a few friend who have dwarfs, empire, goblins, and chaos, so its going to be all weekend of play testing diffrent lists and against diffrent armies. I always killed the dwarf gun line with old teclis. I lined all my stuff on the table edge or behind cover and gave teclis all the power dice and killed a few big anti charge weapons the rushed in with 4 units of silver helm. after a couple of rounds. ill miss thoes days with flames of the phonix from teclis str3 then str4. next turn pick a new target!:)

10-11-2007, 15:17
[QUOTE=neo_ebrick;2079793]i'v got a few games next weekend with a few friend who have dwarfs, empire, goblins, and chaos, so its going to be all weekend of play testing diffrent lists and against diffrent armies.

I would suggest stick with one list against several different opponents, or sticking with the same opponent and switching lists. Otherwise it will be hard to compare. But it will be fun, I'm sure.

Wreckage
11-11-2007, 02:35
I would suggest stick with one list against several different opponents, or sticking with the same opponent and switching lists. Otherwise it will be hard to compare. But it will be fun, I'm sure.

Big 'ol +1