08-11-2007, 12:10
ok im starting a new dwarf army lead by a slayer lord backed by rune smiths
any advice, suggestions or tactics on how to play with this army

slayer praag
rune of cleaving
rune of fury
master rune of swiftness
rune of fate
210(any suggestions on how else i can arm this guy??)

runesmith
great weapon
rune of balance
rune of spell breaking

runesmith
great weapon
master rune of spellbinding
rune of spell breaking

praags chosen warriors
24 slayers
musician
standard
giant slayer

20 warriors
great weapons
full command

20 warriors
great weapons
full command

10 thunderers
shields

10 thunderers
shields

10 thunderers
shields

10 miners
musician

cannon

cannon

2000pts exactly
the rune smiths will join the warrior units
obvisously the slayer lord joins the slayers
and the mines act as a flank charger for the slayers

what do you think of the list? any suggestions

brambleten
08-11-2007, 13:15
nice hitty list

lector#1
08-11-2007, 15:00
im also thinking of arming the slayer lord with MRo skalf blackhammer and the rune of fury and possibly swap the miners and a rune smith for a dragon slayer and a small unit of slayers and possibly swap the slayer lord for a normal lord with MRo skalf blackhammer 2 runes of fury and rune of resistanc in a unit of hammerers

hippo2112
08-11-2007, 16:42
I think you may have some deployment issues. Unless you've got a lot of hills you've got almost 3 feet wide of models (with the thunderers all being 10x1), not including your cannons. This will cause some issues with deployment and maneuvers.

I would suggest dropping some of the thunderers and getting more warriors, or perhaps a unit of hammerers.

Generally, people don't like to play people with 2 cannons, so I might also suggest a gyrocopter or an organ gun to replace one of those.

lector#1
08-11-2007, 17:07
is the slayer lord a good choice or is it better to get a normal dwarf lord?

hippo2112
08-11-2007, 17:09
I personally have never seen anyone take a slayer lord. Most of the people I've played agains have wanted a little bit more armor on their general. Slayers are really good, but they are kind of like arrow and bullet catchers.

lector#1
08-11-2007, 17:19
is a dwarf lord with rune of flight and rune of furyx2 makes his weapon throwing axe and close combat weapon or is a lord with rune of krag the grim and 2 runes of fury with extra wound better

im alright with the troops now just lost on the lord....

EndlessBug
08-11-2007, 23:00
krag the grim and 2x fury would be better, gives the weapon a bite, personally I'm not a fan of the rune of flight, a 1 shot weapon which will kill 1 model at max. Also +2 attacks sure 6 attacks is nice but at str 4 it's pants.

But like hippo says you'll have a wide frontage for deployment, maybe drop 1 unit of thunderers, upgrade 1 warrior unit to longbeards and add in 1 more war machine? grudge thrower maybe, changing a cannon to organ gun/gyro is good too, cannon, grudge thrower and organ gun is a nice amount of war machines.