PDA

View Full Version : dwarf lord in rangers???

lector#1
08-11-2007, 15:56
i was thinking of making a dwarf lord run in a unit of rangers with

master rune of flight
2 runes of fury
rune of the brother hood
rune of iron
shield

does that mean my lord has 6 ranged attacks or 3 i dont really understand what the book is saying about the weapon

in a unit of 14 rangers scouting onto the field

could this work well or should i stick with a slayer lord???

AFoolProofPlan
09-11-2007, 00:05
I like this idea, and tried it on my list too, but it's not exactly most effective way to use your lord. 14 rangers would cost 154 points, just as Warrior rangers with no shield, throwing axes. On top of that you're lord costs 165 points atleast. So fully decked out unit would cost well around 400 points. And since scouts depend on terrain, they won't be as dependable. Not to mention, they'll have to kill a whole lot of things to earn their point cost.
But then again, if it's just a friendly game, give it a try.
And I thought Slayer lords could only join other slayers

beezlebubbles
19-11-2007, 17:42
Can the lord actually go with the scouts. I tried the master rune of flight and it seemed a bit to expensive for what it does. If you get Bugman it works well with rangers but get hammerers or ironbreakers for your lord.

redbaron998
19-11-2007, 18:09
master rune of flight
2 runes of fury
rune of the brother hood
rune of iron
shield

does that mean my lord has 6 ranged attacks or 3 i dont really understand what the book is saying about the weapon

You get 1 Ranged attack with the Master Rune of Flight....I would really be surprised if you got the benefits from Rune of Fury on that occasion

Dead Man Walking
21-11-2007, 00:06
You get 1 ranged attack that auto hits, all you do is roll for wounding. So runes that increase WS or attacks are useless on this magic weapon. ABout the only runes that help are +1 str or the one that doubles strength vrs anything toughness 5+ (Slam a chariot with that baby...)

The rest are master runes and you cant mix master runes.

It mostly helps you pick out unit champs, pop off mages and standard bearers. I like using this after a goblin mage takes a wound from a bound item and then finishing the job with the hammer.