PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Tzeentch list

darkin
08-11-2007, 22:19
Hi, I've posted this list a few times and its been developed over time. I am new to the warhammer game and it will be my first army. My objective is purely to win battles. What are your thoughts?

CHARACTERS

Lord of Chaos, GW, golden eye, staff of change, MOT and riding disc. 496pts.

Exalted Champion, MOT, GW, shield and riding disc. 221pts.

Exalted Champion, MOT, GW, shield and riding disc. 221pts.

CORE

5 Chaos Knights, full command, MOT. 235pts.

5 Marauder Horsemen, musician, flails. 81pts.

Chariot of Chaos, MOT. 140pts.

SPECIAL

10 Chaos Furies. 150pts.

Total 2000pts.

M_M
09-11-2007, 15:34
Firstly switch out the great weapons for halberds as you get the same strength(great weapons are weaker when mounted) but you won't always strike last with halberds

lose the MoT on 1 unit of knights, lose one fury, get at least 1 dispel scroll just for that one spell you must dispel.

I hope you know your chariots will be moving slower then the rest of the army

Havock
09-11-2007, 16:43
And you have two units of knights, why not swap those Discs on the heroes for a trusty chaos steed?

Alternatively, ditch some furies and a hero and you can take a nice exalted daemon with some magic levels as well. Blade of the ether is a must-have in this case I think. Stick him i with the furies and you have yourself a winged can-opener.

gerrymander61
09-11-2007, 16:54
Well, a completely one dimensional list like yours will definately win battles... against some armies. Against some armies, you will demolish them, and against others, you'll be on the receiving end of demolishment. Eventually, you won't even have to play, you'll just compare lists and determine the outcome from that.

redyellowpinkgreen
09-11-2007, 19:32
from my own experience daemons need to be in big units due to instability, with more models you'll be more likely to get outnumber and even if you lose combat they'll have enough models left after Ld tests. however when i used them they were faster than my army so they were unsupported which could've been why they all died :p

darkin
11-11-2007, 01:04
Okay, so I'll replace GWs with halberds and get rid of some furies+ a hero with an exalted daemon equipped with a BE(Blade of Ether). I'll just do a few calculations and post a new list. Also, wouldn't the staff of change + all my dice compensate for a dispel scroll? I was also wondering if this "completely one dimensional" army would be worth fielding in a tournament? Or would it be considered too risky?

chaos-nightwing
11-11-2007, 07:48
It depend what kind of army u want. U should really seriously view an article called
Magic 101 by der_lex. It tells u wat u need and for my personal experience u seems to be going for a stron magical troops. u will have to need marauders as screans. Take one unit of the M horsemen out. Take all the dice away from the champ and mount them on chariorts with power familiar and berskers sword for the other guys. Do not put a damenon exalted in. he will just mean free points for ur enemy

BattleofLund
11-11-2007, 08:17
Furies are inferior to Screamers, in my opinion. As for screens and throw-away units, with Ld9 on your General Warhounds would make good army-bulkers.

Six Dispel dice is not an awful lot, but the Staff helps. Most of us like to have at least one Dispel Scroll, but that's individual.

Your army is very compact. That's polite-speak for 'small', but hey, it's easy to expand the army if you find it easily killed, easily out-maneuvred or it wins/loses too much games!

Kerill
11-11-2007, 17:07
Put the exalteds on steeds instead of disks (they are asking to be cannoned to death). I would suggest flails instead of GW/Halberd (S7 rocks against so many things and its cheaper). With those 60 points get two units of warhounds (you will find them remarkably useful).

I would be tempted to go with 3 screamers and 5/6 furies personally. Also 2 chariots might be overkill, drop one and invest in something else (minotaurs perhaps?). Also you could get a beast chariot and the power familiar for less than a mortal Tzeentch chariot and it would get Ld re-rolls and an extra dispel die for your army (plus you wouldn't lose the extra power die at the drop of a cannon shot).

Beastherds make great screens/annoyance/forest clearance troops as well. With a decent size herd you could trade in the chaos lord for a Tzeentch beastlord in a decent sized beastherd (staff of change and AOD) and give the disk and eye to an exalted to get yourself a third combat-capable unit.

darkin
11-11-2007, 22:52
Okay, there is a lot of information here. If I put an exalted daemon in my original list and the only variables are furies and exalted champions, this is what I have come up with.

One other thing, I don't have the Beasts of Chaos book and I'd rather just stick to one armies book.

CHARACTERS

Lord of Chaos, halberd, golden eye, staff of change, MOT and riding disc. 496pts.

Exalted Daemon, Blade of Ether, MOT. 350pts.

CORE

SPECIAL

16 furies. 240pts.

Total 1998pts.