PDA

View Full Version : IG Fluff wise

IG_hopeful
09-11-2007, 01:36
I was just curious, is Yarrik respected by any of the SM Cdmrs?

OnlyInDeath
09-11-2007, 01:45
Well, the Imperium is very very large, so only the absolute greatest men of all, the Emperor, the Primarchs, Macharius...would be widely known.

I imagine Yarrick is respected highly everywhere he is known, yeah. He did what no marine was able to do after all.

Hicks
09-11-2007, 01:53
Since he was commander of imperial defences on Armageddon, I'd say yes.

devolutionary
09-11-2007, 01:54
At least three founding chapters worked with the man on Armageddon and numerous later foundings too. He is the premier expert on Ork warfare and the known favoured enemy of the greatest Ork warlord in history. He is arguably the finest fighting Commissar in the Imperium and is a figure of myth, fear and legend. I'd say that qualifies for more than a bit of respect from the Marine Commanders as well as fairly universal acknowledgement of his presence amongst the higher ups. Armageddon itself would have to be used as something of a tactical lesson for many commanders within the Imperial Guard simply based on the scale, size, and destruction enacted upon it.

loyalist42
09-11-2007, 03:13
as i remember, Tu'Shan, master of the Salamanders chapter, was all buddy-buddy with Yarrick.

dr.oetk3r
09-11-2007, 03:14
As was Dante of the Blood Angels, am i right?

Art Is Resistance
09-11-2007, 11:49
Dante respected him immensly - in all of the Armageddon background, it is mentioned that Dante would concede to decisions made by Yarrick - also that the commander of the Salamanders relied on Yarricks advice.

IIRC that he was also honoured by the Ultramarines for something or oher.

mistformsquirrel
09-11-2007, 12:25
Hehe, that's pretty cool honestly. I love the idea that a non-Marine could be recognized by even the Angels of Death as being a brilliant tactician. Darn cool.

IG_hopeful
09-11-2007, 18:01
Dante respected him immensly - in all of the Armageddon background, it is mentioned that Dante would concede to decisions made by Yarrick - also that the commander of the Salamanders relied on Yarricks advice.

IIRC that he was also honoured by the Ultramarines for something or oher.

Oh, SWEET!

Sapper
09-11-2007, 18:08
Of course goog god were talking about Yarrick here, the man has forgotten more information on how to the fight the orcs and the green tide than any marine chapter probably has ever learned.

RelictorLord
09-11-2007, 19:11
As I think I read somewhere that his thoughts on ork warfare were actualy dispensed among imperial commanders as a guide I would say he is fairly well known.