PDA

View Full Version : Small 3k WE army for a tournament

RavenBloodwind
09-11-2007, 02:37
Right, got a 3k tournament coming up Saturday at the local battle bunker. I'm playing with several builds (none of which include the HoDA and only one of which has treeman so don't ask). Do you think this low model-count, fair magic list can hang?

Characters (too many points I think)
General Spellweaver level 4 Beast lore w/wand of wych elm, merciw's locus and dispel scroll 350pts (plan would be to cast the bears anger on the branchwraith plus whatever other handy spells I get)

Spellweaver level 4 Life lore w/dispel scroll and stone of crystal mere 305pts
(the though here is to chase folk off of hills and the woods more than healing, but of course I have to actually get the spells)

Spellsinger level 2 w/dispel scroll 150 pts

Branchwraith level 1 w/cluster of radiants 140pts

BSB w/elf steed and resplendence of luminescents 129 pts (joins a GG unit to shoot at anything ethereal or demonic)

Alter noble w/GW, helm of hunt and glamourweave (mage/warmachine-hunting, playing with this, glamourweave gives him some defense from shooting/magic missiles, amber pendant and murder of spites work too)

Core:
Gladeguard 2x10 w/champions to babysit mages
1x14 w/champion, banner of springtide to babysit general (& BSB?)

Gladeriders 2x5 w/musicians

Dryads 2x10 w/branchnymphs

Specials:
Wardancers 1x8, 1x9 both w/champions and musicians

Treekin 1x3

Rare:
Waywatchers 2x5

Comes to 3000 on the dot.

13 powerdice, 9 dispel dice with rerolls for the wand of wych elm plus 3 scrolls. I figure this should get a few spells a turn off against any non-dwarf/khorne army and have adequate magic defense except against slann or tzeench (maybe HE).

My forward deployment is fair and harrassing units (gladeriders, waywatchers and alterboy) seem adequate.

Shooting is moderate for 3k with ~50 total shots a turn assuming everyone can shoot. The 14-man GG unit is oversized but can actually get a static CR of 3 when joined by a character so it's a semi-line unit.

Melee pretty limited with only one real hammer (treekin) but they should be well supported with the 4 skirmishing melee units. The odd size for the wardancer units simply boiled down to having 18 spare points.

I don't usually play magic heavy so, while this list might be effective, I don't know how well it will perform in my hands.

I choose not to use eternal guard, wild riders, HoDA but am entertaining swapping some points around to make room for a treeman while dropping the treekin.

So, what do you think?

SlaaneshSlave
09-11-2007, 22:38
Horrible choice.

Glade Guard need to be 20 strong (at least!) and need banners.

Wardancers are too expensive for what you get.

patataman
10-11-2007, 00:08
Horrible choice.

Glade Guard need to be 20 strong (at least!) and need banners.

Wardancers are too expensive for what you get.

I asume you are gueting sarcastic so I wonīt say nothing to you coments :P

About your list RavenBloodwind...I like...probably the only change I sugest is drop the baner of the glade guard and search someting else to guard your general (like a gladerider unit) and use the lore of Athel Loren to pretect whit a forest.

Nice Wardancer and waywhatchers

RavenBloodwind
10-11-2007, 01:38
In fairness Patataman, slaaneshslave is playing in the tournament against me and is my regular opponent. His 'suggestions' might help him, since we fought it out for overall winner in the last tournament we played.

As to the GG banner, it's mostly to annoy someone charging the unit and I agree it's not the greatest use of points.

The general is probably going to be in the large GG unit so already has some coverage. I figure static CR of 3 for that unit and him having merciw's locus protects him from the nastiest of the nasty.

I'm also hoping my life-lore mage gets the healing spell. The wizard lords will probably spend the game within 12-18" of one another and so if the opponent fails to kill the general I hope to have a chance to heal him.

The level 2 and the branchwraith will both have loren lore so i'll have plenty of treesinging and/or some other loren spells. Regeneration for the level 2 mage would be nice.

Thanks for the input.

patataman
10-11-2007, 02:24
In fairness Patataman, slaaneshslave is playing in the tournament against me and is my regular opponent. His 'suggestions' might help him, since we fought it out for overall winner in the last tournament we played.

As to the GG banner, it's mostly to annoy someone charging the unit and I agree it's not the greatest use of points.

The general is probably going to be in the large GG unit so already has some coverage. I figure static CR of 3 for that unit and him having merciw's locus protects him from the nastiest of the nasty.

I'm also hoping my life-lore mage gets the healing spell. The wizard lords will probably spend the game within 12-18" of one another and so if the opponent fails to kill the general I hope to have a chance to heal him.

The level 2 and the branchwraith will both have loren lore so i'll have plenty of treesinging and/or some other loren spells. Regeneration for the level 2 mage would be nice.

Thanks for the input.

naw everiting have sense xD sorry xd me mistake xD
If someon charge the glade guard...they are death :P the donīt canīt standthe charge of almost anithing that is the onli ting aim afraid :P