PDA

View Full Version : New Teclis and Eltharion

Eldem
09-11-2007, 08:55
anyone else really dislike the new Teclis for the most powerful wizard alive on par with nagash he seems a little lacking in the magic power department. I liked the rule where he could reroll for spell effects a lot more.

Also the new/ old Eltharion. They just completely left out the most important part of his character the being blind thing. Seriosly he didn;t even get a new model. They could hve least come out with new rules for the guy, instead of going to ones a few years old. This is probably my biggest disapointment in the book,

Sephiroth503
09-11-2007, 09:35
anyone else really dislike the new Teclis for the most powerful wizard alive on par with nagash he seems a little lacking in the magic power department. I liked the rule where he could reroll for spell effects a lot more.

Also the new/ old Eltharion. They just completely left out the most important part of his character the being blind thing. Seriosly he didn;t even get a new model. They could hve least come out with new rules for the guy, instead of going to ones a few years old. This is probably my biggest disapointment in the book,

I disagree about Teclis, he's FAR better now than he was. Yes, re rolling the effects was handy alright, but don't forget, he's now dropped a LOT of points! He also ignores his first miscast and reaps the benfits of the book of Hoeth. He only lost his potions, He shouldn't get into combat in the first place.

And I TOTALLY agree with you over the Eltharion issue, its my biggest disappointment aswell. Though needless to say I will still use Swordmaster Eltharion in friendly games!:D

~D

Stella Cadente
09-11-2007, 15:18
Teclis is awesome, your mad for thinking anything less

Eltharion, well its a crap model now, but decent rules-ish, and if I remember right I think its before hes blind, but I can't be sure

Sir_Turalyon
09-11-2007, 17:23
Personnaly I never liked "new" blind Eltharion - his story was full of inconsistancies (why has Teclis let this lunatic out of White Tower instead of straightjacketing him?). Powers-that-be in GW first made him captive of Malekith for sake of writing decent story in DE armybook, then tried to cover that error with less and less credible story development.

Eltharion is a historical character now, along with his true nemesis, Grom the Paunch. They both had even their classic models re-relased. Let them rest there.

King Thurgun
09-11-2007, 17:47
I too was a fan of blind swordsman Eltharion, cheesy as he was. The model is really glorious and its sad to see him back in the 5th edition model form. He does provide an important role in the HE special character ranks though: he's a balance of Tyrion and Teclis, with a bit of magic and a bit of hitting power, and great leadership qualities.

@ Sir Turalyon, remember that Belannaer took Eltharion under his personal charge to heal the guy, as the White Tower is supposed to be a place of reflection and peace as well as training, he was helping the guy to focus his mind and control himself and whatnot.

As for Teclis, I agree with Sephiroth that he's much more powerful now. IR on doubles, ridiculous amount of power dice for the guy, he's cheaper, and he doesn't take up an extra hero slot anymore! Gives him more mage buddies for backup, or even a dragon mage!

Eldem
09-11-2007, 18:22
Teclis is a bit more powerful but think about how his power has increased in the fluff since the last army book. I was expecting something a bit more Wow!! (i don't care if the points were higher) Are you going to tell me by the stats right now his magic capacity is equal to Nagash

neo_ebrick
09-11-2007, 18:53
i like the old reroll's with unlimited range, ill miss that raw power he had.

Duck Dodgers
09-11-2007, 18:55
If you go here and look, there is a new Eltharion on Griffon "coming soon". Since it's not on advanced orders yet, I'd suspect it's coming in January... but that's pure guess work on my part...

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/highelves/catalog/default.htm

The picture looks like an improvement over the old one, at least from the Griffon standpoint. Might get it, if for nothing else, than to have the griffon to mount a Prince or Archmage on...

[Added item]
Here is a better view of the new model...

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/highelves/catalog/Eltharion.htm

WargamesEmpire
09-11-2007, 19:10
That model is the old Eltharion isn't it? The one that has been available since 4th edition?

Eldarion
09-11-2007, 19:25
If you go here and look, there is a new Eltharion on Griffon "coming soon". Since it's not on advanced orders yet, I'd suspect it's coming in January... but that's pure guess work on my part...

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/highelves/catalog/default.htm

The picture looks like an improvement over the old one, at least from the Griffon standpoint. Might get it, if for nothing else, than to have the griffon to mount a Prince or Archmage on...

[Added item]
Here is a better view of the new model...

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/highelves/catalog/Eltharion.htm

Thats the old Eltharion.......:rolleyes:

Eldanar
09-11-2007, 19:30
I never liked the blind Eltharion, and preferred him as pissed off and "grim."

Stella Cadente
09-11-2007, 21:46
what excatly are teclis new rules? i like the 430point but no more rerolls, no more unlimited range other than sheer power and if you cast ir your other mages are just going to get the dispel dice.
can't do that, its against the rules, as clearly stated in the Forum rules

Unfortunatly yep, its the old rubbish one

theultimateqpa
10-11-2007, 11:45
I never liked the blind Eltharion, and preferred him as pissed off and "grim."

Eltharion in his blind version was still ,,pissed off and grim,,. The mind and soul mending qualities of living and training at the white tower of Hoeth under the watchfull eyes of the loremasters did little to erase Elathrion deaemons fully. Remember his ,, Darkness within,, special rule?

Eldanar
10-11-2007, 12:40
Eltharion in his blind version was still ,,pissed off and grim,,. The mind and soul mending qualities of living and training at the white tower of Hoeth under the watchfull eyes of the loremasters did little to erase Elathrion deaemons fully. Remember his ,, Darkness within,, special rule?

Naaahhh...I quit playing HE's with the abomination that was their last army book, so I never used him...

sulla
10-11-2007, 18:29
Unfortunatly yep, its the old rubbish one

Old does not neccessarily equal rubbish. The Eltharion himself may be a bit dated and static but the griffon is still a farir bit better than the current empire griffon. Replace the rider with one of the new plastic dragon or elf prince models to get something pretty awesome I'd imagine...

NallTWD
11-11-2007, 04:18
I'm just pissed that Teclis is better than a slann at just about half the points.

Guess my blood statuette is gonna finally see some use...

And for the record, I'm *ripped* that they just decided to forget Eltharion was blinded by Malekith... I mean come on... Let's just forget about the background of the game while claiming to be using it to create a better army? (teh ******?)

Stella Cadente
11-11-2007, 04:22
Old does not neccessarily equal rubbish. The Eltharion himself may be a bit dated and static but the griffon is still a farir bit better than the current empire griffon. Replace the rider with one of the new plastic dragon or elf prince models to get something pretty awesome I'd imagine...
its just personnel preference, the griffon is meh (although the empire one is bleh), the rider is bleh, I think getting the plastic riders would definatly improve upon it

paspinall
11-11-2007, 18:00
I'm just pissed that Teclis is better than a slann at just about half the points.

Guess my blood statuette is gonna finally see some use...

And for the record, I'm *ripped* that they just decided to forget Eltharion was blinded by Malekith... I mean come on... Let's just forget about the background of the game while claiming to be using it to create a better army? (teh ******?)

They didnt forget anything, he's a historical version, ie pre-blinding :D, could have been kind of interesting to see the rules for both versions...

Frgt/10
13-11-2007, 05:02
As people have stated, the Eltharion in the book is Eltharion the Grim. this was eltharion BEFORE he fought malekith and was blinded and trained as a swordmaster.

Eldem
13-11-2007, 05:20
Yes I know it is the pre blinding eltharion, it just annoys me that they are not putting in any of the new fluff.

eleveninches
13-11-2007, 12:54
Teclis is awesome, your mad for thinking anything less agree fully with you there