PDA

View Full Version : Comedy in numbers

EndlessBug
09-11-2007, 11:30
Ok, so for ages now I've loved the idea of a skaven army, not only are these little furballs a horde army (which I've yet to collect one of this type) but they are also great fun to play with and against, I'd actually want my boys to blow up... adds to the character of Skaven.

I've compiled lists of 500, 750, 1000, 1500 and 2000 points of Skyre armies (with a little bit of Eshin added in), I'd love some feedback on them:

500 points:
Warlock Engineer - Storm Demon, warpblades, warp energy condenser.

30 clanrats - hw & shields, full command
ratling gun

25 Slaves

6 Warplock Jezzails

750 points
Warlock Engineer - Storm Demon, warpblades, warp energy condenser

ratling gun

30 clanrats - hx & shields, full command
warpfire thrower

25 Slaves

6 Warplock Jezzails

1000 points
Warlock Engineer - Storm Demon, warpblades, warp energy condenser.

ratling gun

warpfire thrower

25 Slaves

4 Poisonwind Globadiers

5 Gutter runners - tunneling team, poisoned hand weapons

6 Warplock Jezzails

1 Warp-lightning cannon

1500 points
Warlock Engineer - Storm Demon, Warp-power Accumulator, warpblades, warp energy condenser

Warlock Engineer - Warp-power Accumulator, warpblades, warp energy condenser, dispel scroll

Cheiftan - Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Desolate Blade

ratling gun

warpfire thrower

20 Slaves

20 Slaves

6 Poisonwind Globadiers

6 Poisonwind Globadiers

5 Night Runners - additional hand weapon

6 Warplock Jezzails

6 Warplock jezzails

2000 points
Warlord - Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Desolate Blade, Warpstone Amulet, Bands of Power

Warlock Engineer - Storm Demon, Warp-power Accumulator, warpblades, warp energy condenser, dispel scroll

Warlock Engineer - Warp-power Accumulator, Eye of the horned rat, warpblades, warp energy condenser, dispel scroll

Warlock Engineer - Warp-power Accumulator, warpblades, warp energy condenser, dispel scroll

31 Stormvermin - full command, shields

ratling gun

warpfire thrower

20 Slaves

20 Slaves

6 Poisonwind Globadiers

6 Warplock Jezzails

6 Warplock jezzails

1 Warp-lightning cannon

So, any suggestions? comments?

gerrymander61
09-11-2007, 21:46
at 750 and 1000 points i'd try for a second engineer. At those sizes your clanrat units don't need to be that big, nor do you need unit champions. You can get some points from that.

At 1500 points, first and foremost i'd drop the PWG's. THey're not very effective at that points level and I've never had any success with them whatsoever. If you're dead set on having them, then units of 2-3 work much better. 6 is a waste of points because they'ma run way the hell fast. If you cut down on those units, then try grabbing some single packs of giant rats, unless you want to keep it strictly eshin+skyre. Single packs of giant rats are fanastic because you have an easily overlooked, not very threatening, rank breaking, movement 6 unit that is surprisingly hard to kill due to the way the shots are randomized.

12 Jezzails is also more than i'd run, but if it works, then go for it.

The only suggestion I have at the 2000 point level (after the PWG one stated earlier) is to exchange the storm vermin unit for a unit of clanrats. This is not only cheaper, but it also lets you field another unit of slaves, another of night runners, and more giant rat units. to get points, i'd just drop that PWG unit and then trim down the jezzails and drop a dispel scroll. But like I said, that's just me.

Ok, I lied, one last, not quite suggestion but more something that you should consider. Do you really want your ld 10 beacon of goodness fighting?
Ususally when I get a warlord it's because I want to cheap out on command and get some kicking leadership into the skaven line. I never get him for fighting. i jsut stick him in the back of the unit and then watch my fearless vermin ramble across the battlefield.

but if you do want him fighting the always strikes first sword is fantastic charge deterrant.