PDA

View Full Version : cannon cav

TownCryer
10-09-2005, 15:38
ok, so I just got this idea, combining a rinox rider with a leadbelcher. Can you imagine it? I know no one would allow me to do it, but it would be an awsome conversion. Am I right?

StugMeister
10-09-2005, 18:08
Nice conversion idea. You could even make the cannon pintle-mounted!

TownCryer
10-09-2005, 20:43
I was going to use either the great cannon arms or the ones with the gnoblar on the shoulder. I had a thought of making it a character or RoR, and have it go against other armies just for fun, and I have some special rules if you would like to know

Avian
11-09-2005, 12:57
One I get around to it, my Scraplauncher conversion will be a large mortar mounted on the back of a huge rhinox.

Zanusiekk
13-09-2005, 16:55
One I get around to it, my Scraplauncher conversion will be a large mortar mounted on the back of a huge rhinox.

Would surely break the critter's back when fired ;)

A true "One-trick-pony"...

Hideous Loon
13-09-2005, 19:09
Yeah, like Rough Riders and their vaunted hunting lances. The sheer "wow"-factor of a Mortar mounted on the back of a Bull Rhinox is too good for it to be left behind.

m1s1n
13-09-2005, 20:29
So . . .wouldn't this already tempermental creature be just a little annoyed at the loud bangs coming from behind/a top of it? All I'm saying is that maybe we need some Ld tests when the cannon goes off . . .

Sanjuro
13-09-2005, 21:51
Wouldn't it be already be annoyed when a bloody catapult fires off a huge pile of junk from it's back? :)

m1s1n
13-09-2005, 22:02
The book says that the Scrapalauncha uses only young Rhinox. They were probably fed growth-hormone-mushroom-thingies to keep them "calm". however, Rhinox cavalry are supposed to be full grown-ish . . .that's a lot of mushroom.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
14-09-2005, 00:14
Well, you could use that conversion for one of those all ogre imperial guard armies for 40k...it would be a perfect leman russ/demolisher. And then you could have little gnoblars with heavy bolters in hanging baskets on the sides, with one on the front. Should be really cool.

Hideous Loon
14-09-2005, 06:30
leet-name: Probably, if you remember this simple thing. Gnoblars (or Hill Goblins) are, in the 40k universe, the same thing as Grots, and therefore vile Xenos who must be eradicated at all costs. Sure, go ahead, make that conversion, but I shall be watching you, and at any sign of corruption, prepare for a bolter round to your skull. The Emperor's mercy be upon you.
/Inquisitor Lord Malachi of the Ordo Xenos