PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point deamon legion of the tzeentch kind.

Reinnon
10-09-2005, 16:46
hi there

heres my new list that i'm thinking of for my deamon legion, all comments would be great.

Lords

Deamon Prince: Mark of tzeentch, master of sorcery

Total: 465

Heroes

Herald: Mark of tzeencth, greater icon

Total: 215

Herald: Mark of Tzeentch, Diabolic Splendor

Total: 210

Core

15 Horrors: full command

Total: 295

3 Screamers

Total: 99

Special

3 Changbringers

3 Changbringers

Power Dice: 12
Dispel Dice 8

Grand Total: 2000 points

there it is, slightly different idea from my first.

i got rid of the chariots as they really didn't do much and replaced them with a small unit of screamers to denile march moves, kept the changebringers as i really like them, they are to shoot at small units and support the horrors. Deamon prince for cheaper points cost to the LoC.

It is the heralds that are the big change (haha...pun), each will go into my horror units. My plan is to pummel the enemy with magic and then charge in with deamon prince and changebringers (and maybe a unit of horrors).

what do you think? is this slightly less flying circus force viable?

Vosk
10-09-2005, 17:32
Could be - have never seen a Tzeentch list with a Prince AND 2 Heralds before. I'd certainly lose a unit of Changebringers and instead get a Blade of the Ether on the Prince and perhaps a few more Horrors, and if possible another unit of 3 Screamers. Changebringers never do anything but disappoint me for some reason...

Reinnon
10-09-2005, 17:35
hmmm the blade of the ether is very tempting.

ok, slightly different list again, this time got rid of the changebringers and replaced them with chariots.

will try both lists

Lords

Deamon Prince: Mark of tzeentch, master of sorcery, ether blade

Total: 505

Heroes

Herald: Mark of tzeentch, greater icon

Total: 215

Herald: Mark of Tzeentch, Diabolic Splendour

Core

3 Screamers

3 Screamers

Rare

Chariot Of Tzeentch

Total: 140

Chariot Of Tzeentch

Total: 140

Power Dice: 12
Dispel Dice 8

Grand Total: 2000 points

Trunks
10-09-2005, 18:18
Heralds of Tzeentch are fairly inefficient for their points in my opinion.

You spend a little over 200 points on them at bare minimum.

For those points you could have got at least 10 horrors with a champion, which is a much better buy in my opinion. You are losing one level of magic but gaining a bound spell (which equals out in my opinion). You are also getting 8 extra wounds by taking the horrors. I really see little need for a Tzeentch Herald other than for fun.

Aristone
12-09-2005, 08:03
Okay, few suggestions of my own, drop the diabolic splendour (thats the increased ward save, right?), and stick him in a unit of horrors, then give it to the general (hes much more important). And a fun way to bug people with that banner-herald is to give him the Banner of Wrath and stick him in the same unit that also has the Icon thing (not the one he has, the other one), sure, you only get 1 standard in the resolution, but its so fun to have the power to has two bound spells that do d6 str 4 coming from the same unit, in addition to all the other spells you will get soon (and rerolling the poof-tests).

In all honesty, take:
Demon Prince;mark tzeentch, master sorc, diabolic splendour, power vortex (helps in the last turns of the game): 495
Demonic Herald; Mark Tz, Greater Icon, Banner Wrath: 265
12 Horrors (full command+ Icon of wardsaves thing) [herald here]
13 horrors (full comand)
13 horrors (full comand)
3 Change bringers
3 screamers
3 screamers
Power Dice- 11, spells-10 (5 of them being a 30" d6 str d6, of course [have every caster cast every turn, on a single dice], meaning you have 6 dice a turn to cast your other 5 spells) Bound spells- 4, dispell dice- 8 (fair).
Its about 1998 pts. in total, and is a pretty fun list to play

Trunks
12-09-2005, 19:20
That Banner of Wrath herald is so expensive for what he does though. For 265 points you can get a regiment of a 11 horrors with a champion. You still have a bound spell going off (one of three of your choice), you have more wounds, and are only missing out on one level of magic. The Greater Icon is a terrible choice in a Tzeentch army as well because your army is going to be dead once it enters close combat anyway, there is no need to be wasting points on that. If the army stood a chance at winning close combat it'd be useful, but unless you have alot of flamers to back up your horrors you don't have a very good shot at that (Flamers are pretty damn good in close combat).

Furthermore, Full Command is a terrible idea on horrors unless you are taking extremely large (18+) regiments of them. The standard is of little use and is just giving away points. Those points used on standards and musicians could be better used to just add in more horrors.