PDA

View Full Version : New to Lizzies-200 point list

Caligula
09-11-2007, 17:05
I've been toying with the idea of putting together a Lizardmen army lately, and this is what I've come up with for a 2000 point force. Please let me know what you think of it, and if there's any changes I could make. I'm pretty new to the Lizzies, as the title says, so keep that in mind when you're ripping it apart;)

Slann Mage-Priest-
Fourth Generation
Plaque of Dominion
Plaque of Tepok

Skink Priest-
Level 2
Dispel Scroll

Saurus Scar Veteran-
Great Weapon
Light Armour
Shield
Blessed Spawning of Sotek
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
Glyph Necklace

Saurus Scar Veteran-
Light Armour
Shield
Spear
Blessed Spawning of Itzl
Cold One
Aura of Quetzl

21 Saurus Warriors-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spawning Champion

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Javelins and Shields

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Blowpipes
Scouts

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Blowpipes
Scouts

5 Saurus Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spawning Champion
Huanchi's Blessed Totem

3 Kroxigor

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

TOTAL-2000pts.

Thoughts?

Malorian
09-11-2007, 20:18
Looks like a good mix to me, although you are very character heavy.

gerrymander61
09-11-2007, 22:10
I would like to mirror Malorian's statement: you are very character heavy.

If you really want to get that many chars in then you should cut alot of corners and take minimal equipment, namely, dropping the glyph necklace and the aura of quetzl. I don't know how many attacks back you are expecting to face but with a set up like yours if you're facing any attacks back then you've probably lost that combat already.

Your unit of Saurus cav is hard enough with the hero that it doesn't need the spawning champion. Same goes for the Saurus Warriors, who have for some reason or another adopted the strange size of 21. Help me to understand what you are doing there.

Personally, with so few units, I would not make two of them scouts. Keep one at home. You'll have too much trouble deploying the second one anyways. Also, in my experience with skinks, Javelins work better on the scouting ones because they will ALWAYS want to be moving and shooting and will be closer to the enemy. Put the blowpipes on the ones sticking around with the rest of your troops. This is my personal preference, so do what works best for you.

With the points you save try fitting in another unit of kroxigor or terradons or something else. Again, like Malorian said, you have a good mix of units, very good for someone so new, so whatever you put in should be what you feel like using.

If/when you revise your list, please put it up here.

Caligula
10-11-2007, 18:33
Thank you for the great responses guys. Yeah, I do seem to be a bit character heavy. I suppose I'll have to lose one of them. Your suggestions in particular have been helpful, gerrymander. As for the unit size of 21 on the Saurus, well...I thought that a Slann took up roughly 4 bases in a unit of Saurus, so I did it to make it an even unit of 25. Am I wrong?

Okay, so what I'm going to do is go over the list, take your advice into consideration, and make some changes. I'll return soon with an updated and revised list. Thanks again for the help thus far!

Caligula
10-11-2007, 19:02
Okay, I'm having some trouble working this out actually. I've removed the Saurus hero on foot, and I've come up with this so far. Please let me know how I'm doing...

Slann Mage Priest-
Fourth Generation
Plaque of Dominion
Plaque of Tepok

Skink Priest-
Level 2
Dispel Scroll

Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Shield
Blessed Spawning of Itzl
Blessed Spawning of Sotek
Cold One
Sword of Might

21 Saurus Warriors-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spawning Champion

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Blowpipes

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Blowpipes

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Javelins and Shields
Scouts

5 Saurus Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Huanchi's Blessed Totem

3 Kroxigor

4 Terradons

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

TOTAL-1938pts.

Thoughts? What else should I add/change?

brambleten
11-11-2007, 11:14
drop the shield on the JSOD, he doesnt really need it. my 2k list has a carnosaur and 2 mages. it also hase 6 chameleon skinks. you can fit the chameleons in if you take off a saurus and the champion, then drop the shield of the JSOD (-26, +90 = 2002)