PDA

View Full Version : VDR in apocalypse

Valo
09-11-2007, 21:31
I've just recieved my gamers edition apocalypse stuff,and when flipping through the book,i noticed there wasent anything about creating your own scratch built models,only stuff on "counts as",soooooooooo,how do I do it?VDR rules or just not use them?

Ozendorph
09-11-2007, 21:40
Personally I'm using the VDR rules for my stuff (at least for a starting place), but if you and your opponents can agree on stats & cost you can make your own special rules and whatnot.

Crassus
09-11-2007, 21:41
well, i find apocalypse seems to encourage VDR with the sheer amount of points ad all that. olus, alot of GW articles i've read seem to mention stuff like "try designing your own vehicles" and such. so VDR seems absolutly reasonable

Torga_DW
09-11-2007, 21:42
I just wish they'd update VDR. They're so old now, VDR assault cannons are still priced off the old 3rd edition ones. But yeah, apocalypse does seem the place for VDR, i know we use it.

Khornies & milk
09-11-2007, 22:28
Personally I'm using the VDR rules for my stuff (at least for a starting place), but if you and your opponents can agree on stats & cost you can make your own special rules and whatnot.

This is exactly the way to do it (imo).
Come up with something fair and reasonable in points, and not a uber-killing machine from Hell, and you should be on the button.
Otherwise your creation won't see much gametime because nobody will let you use it.