PDA

View Full Version : Minotaur(ish) army

Zanusiekk
10-09-2005, 16:32
Ok, so here is the plan for my BoC army.

They strike suddenly from the dark forest, hulking figures that show no mercy and dissapear as suddenly as they came. Rumors from the few surviving witnesses speak of a knight in golden armour who commands the beasts in their own, guttural tongue, who moves as fast as the wind and fights with a strength that matches the very creatures under his command.

So here's the list:

Doombull w. slaughterers blade and heavy armour (knight in golden armour, counts as)

2 bray shamans with braystaffs (old crones)

Standard bearer

5 Minotaurs w 2 hw + heavy armour, full cmd

6Minos GW + heavy armour, full cmd

3 Minos 2HW + light armour, full cmd

3+ trolls

2 giants (mutant monstrosities)

+some hounds

It's quite a compact army due to the "monsters-led-by-mysterious-knight theme.
Also, since I am scratch-building almost everything from green stuff, I want to keep the number of models down.
I have no experience whatsoever with beasts, but I think it feels like a workable army. I'm a tad worried about the lack of shooting (I'm used to playing elves), but I couldn't find a shooty thing in the entire armylist, so I guess that's that.

So, give me some feedback while that green stuff dries...

nurgle_boy
10-09-2005, 19:15
hmm.. the units seem VERY small, but i guess they hit hard...

just dont go charging the giants in alone, and keep the trolls near the general...
stupidity can be a real killer...

other than that, just make sure to post sculpted mino pics!

Zanusiekk
10-09-2005, 20:10
Would it be better, do you think, to put the minotaurs in fewer, larger units?, it feels as though they would get circled quite easily then...
hahhh.. decisions, decisions...

User Name
10-09-2005, 20:20
Minos dont get heavy armour, only ogers do .

You definatly want to get some beastherds, there great for protecting the flanks and providing extra ranks.

I suggest you take the mark of nurgle for some extra protection, which ties in with the armour thing as well for fluff purposes.

starlight
10-09-2005, 20:29
Pictures please?

Looking forward to updates.

Zanusiekk
11-09-2005, 07:42
Thanks for the correction! I took heavy armour for the Doombull, and just assumed that it was a regular minotaur choice, too... never mind, with the mark of nurgle, it will be just as well (I think it's an excellent idea, though it will be nurgle in the aspect of undirected destruction, rather than pestilence, which, in my opinion, is but a fraction of the greater nurgle).

Beast-herds, though, are right out, for obvious reasons...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback so far...

Tormentor of Slaanesh
11-09-2005, 13:20
convert them as mini-minotaurs. child minotaurs?
give your doombull magical armour, damnation? or the pelt of the dark young.

Reinnon
11-09-2005, 13:50
convert them as mini-minotaurs. child minotaurs?

erm...isn't that gors are anyway? just small minotaurs?

starlight
11-09-2005, 17:13
No, but your background for your army could read that way. Not that gors are baby minotaurs, but that you have young minotaurs and they use gor stats and rules.

I'd buy it. Heck I may copy it for my all minotaur army (at least at the 3Kpts level). ;) :p

Monkeys always win
12-09-2005, 04:41
OUCH

My brettonians would hate this army

Zanusiekk
12-09-2005, 12:53
Doombulls can only take magic weapons, so the magic armour is out, unfortunately.

It is not the background but rather the fact that scratch building a couple of beast herds would take forever that makes me reluctant to the concept... Evenso, I might just end up buying a box or two, as it's still quite a cost-effective army...