PDA

View Full Version : Armies of Any Alliance

Ethlorien
10-11-2007, 01:11
Evening Folks,

This weekend, me and a friend of mine, are getting together for a little warhammer. We decided we wanted a really big battle, so we're going to throw all our models at each other and just waste a few hours having a good laugh.

This means I'll be fielding about 3'000 HE, 2'000 DE, 2'000 HoC, and about another 1'000 points in misc.

But this got me thinking. If there were no rules about mixing armies, what kind of army would you field? Let's keep it to army structure stays the same (appropriate number of characters, core, special, rare), but you can choose any unit from any army to fill these slots. So nobody says 'one of each unit' let's keep it to no larger a force then say 2'500 pts or so (whatever you play most often, even).

Hey, and if anybody out there would still stick with an all X army, let us know why.

To make it a little more interesting for some, if you feel like it, why not come up with the fluff for this army (why would these denizens of a dozen nations come together)?

And if you think this is a stupid thread and a waste of time, just skip it, thanks.

Goldenwolf
10-11-2007, 06:06
LOL,

Well how about My Orcs and VC unite under a Vampire Count to trash the Empire, as the Vampire Count defeated the Warboss and took control of the Tribe.

For 2250 Points:
Vampire Count - Blood Dragon
Orc Warboss
Orc Shaman
Necromancer

3 Blocks 25 Orc Boyz
1 Block 40 Zombies

1 Block Black Knights

5 Spider Riders
5 Spider Riders

Doom Diver
Banshee

Rock Lobba

:) The best of all worlds

Flypaper
11-11-2007, 10:17
Great Bray-Shaman - level 4, braystaff, mark of Slaanesh
Bray-Shaman - level 2, braystaff, mark of Slaanesh
Bray-Shaman - level 2, braystaff, mark of Slaanesh, 2x Dispel Scroll
Saurus Scar-Veteran, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, GW and shield, BS Sotek and Chotek

10x Skinks - blowpipes, scouts
10x Skinks - blowpipes, scouts
8x Dryads
8x Dryads
5x Dark Riders - musician
6x Knights Errant lance - standard and musician
6x Knights Errant lance - standard and musician
Tuskgor Chariot
Tuskgor Chariot

8x Wardancers - musician, banner
Tomb Scorpion
7x Chaos Furies

Treeman
3x Salamanders

Very approximate 2250. ;)

Fluff?

...Yeah, I've got nothing. :D

mistformsquirrel
11-11-2007, 10:23
I can't really give a list as I'd have to actually sit down and think it out but...

I'd be mixing:

Hordes of Chaos (Mortals)
Beasts of Chaos (Beasts obviously)
and Wood Elves (Elves only, no Forest Spirits)

The reason being straightforward - the Elves are actually just Beastmen with Bows; as the type of Beastmen I'd want to field hale from an area closer to Lustria than the Old World; and are thus much more feline and almost Native American in their stylings. Of course they'd still have a few ordinary Beast Herds as well. All united under the banner of my "Good" Tzeentchian Chaos Lord.

I could probably write a longer explanation, but I'm too tired at the moment.

Dwarf Runelord 45
19-12-2007, 03:28
Try O&G, Skaven and Dwarfs all the dwarfs mortal enemys. For Fluff I got nothing.

19-12-2007, 04:11
i fI could choose anything I would take

HE spearmen
Swordmasters
dragon princes

DE eternal guard
executioners

then any bretonian knights
with a doomdiver

just cause I like all the models

AdamAtCollege
19-12-2007, 17:02
I think a chaos Orc army would be interesting, like Orcs who left their current beliefs and began worshipping Khorne or something. You could have some cool daemon orc conversions and it'd might decent sense.

Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
19-12-2007, 17:10
I'd do WE and Skaven- simply because it would be so damn annoying.

I'd spam warp lightning and treesinging- oh, ecstasy.