PDA

View Full Version : Standard of Balance

daliskhan
10-11-2007, 13:36
The High Elf banner, Standard of balance makes the unit carrying it and any enemy unit in base contact with it immune to psychology.
If a stubborn unit charges a unit carrying this banner, do they lose their stubborn ability? and is it the same with unbreakable?

cheers
/daliskhan

Atrahasis
10-11-2007, 13:44
No. Immunity to Psychology covers only Fear, Terror, and Panic.

theunwantedbeing
10-11-2007, 14:12
It used to include stubborn and so forth but now immunity to psychology is rather more limited in what psychology it makes you immune to.

daliskhan
10-11-2007, 15:32
No. Immunity to Psychology covers only Fear, Terror, and Panic.

It says that frenzied and troops lose their frenzy like ifthey lost a round of combat, and it also says that u lose hatred

Jonke
10-11-2007, 16:02
Immune to Psychology did that in 6th edition, not any more. Check brb p. 53

Griefbringer
10-11-2007, 16:10
Also, did the description of the standard change with the new HE book?

daliskhan
10-11-2007, 16:47
Also, did the description of the standard change with the new HE book?

Yes it did, i can type it down for ya.

the unit carrying the standard of balance, and any enemy unit in base contact with it, is immune to psychology. in addition, they also lose hatred and frenzy abilities.

so they dont lose stubbon but just hatred and frenzy?

theunwantedbeing
10-11-2007, 17:07
So it says it makes the unit holding it and the unit its in contact with immune to psychology as well as stopping the effects of frenzy and hatred.

And when you look in the rulebook immunity to psychology stops you bothering about panic, fear and terror.

Yet your asking the question "does it stop stubborn?"
Despite stubborn not being in the list of things it stops.

I guess you dont own the rulebook(or havent checked it).
Does seem like a very silly question.

Griefbringer
10-11-2007, 17:11
By that description, the unit would ignore:

- Panic, fear and terror (due to "immune to psychology" rule given on BRB page 53, which also specifies that the unit cannot flee as a charge reaction)
- frenzy and hatred (due to being specifically mentioned in the item description)

Since there is no mention of them, the item would not affect stubborn or stupidity.

Edit: (as a response to the unwantedbeing who posted while I was typing the original response) the change of the "immune to psychology" rule from 6th to 7th edition (combined with the fact that the current name is perhaps less than intuitive, as it only applies to certain types of psychology) makes it in my mind a valid question at least for those less experienced with the finer points of 7th edition.

TheDarkDaff
12-11-2007, 00:37
It would be nice to see the interaction between the Standard of Balance and the Banner of Rage "Unit can never loose fraenzy". I am thinking it may just come down to a dice off.

Atrahasis
12-11-2007, 00:43
A unit with the Banner of Rage will not lose their frenzy.

The SoB says that they lose frenzy as if they had been beaten in combat; the Banner of Rage explicitly says that they do not lose frenzy if they lose combat.

Palatine Katinka
12-11-2007, 03:16
...and to think I know someone who suggested to GW that they make Frenzy, Stubborn and Unbreakable into Special Rules instead of Psychology. None of them require a Psychology test and none of them are affected by Immune to Psychology so why keep them in the Psychology section? ...sigh...