PDA

View Full Version : Yet another High Elf player with new book

SonofUltramar
10-11-2007, 21:18
Hey folks

Just looking for a bit of feedback on a new Seaguard list i've done, got most of the models and have the usual suspects when it comes to other Special Units i.e. Swordmasters, White Lions and Dragon Princes but as this is a themed list they are back home being all slashy, choppy and arrogant;)

Seaguard Army 2000pts

Lord
Prince
Shadow Armour, Bow of the Seafarer, Shield

Heroes
Noble
Battle Standard Bearer, Reaver Bow, Heavy Armour

Noble
Great Eagle, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Helm of Fortune, Talisman of Loec

Mage
Level 2, Silver Wand, 2 Dispel Scrolls

Core Units
13 Lothern Seaguard, Full Command

14 Lothern Seaguard, Full Command

14 Lothern Seaguard, Full Command

Special Units
5 Shadow Warriors

5 Shadow Warriors

5 Ellyrian Reavers, Bows, Musician

Rare Units
Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Battle Standard Bearer joins the unit of 13 Seaguard and all three units of Seaguard are deployed as a frontage of 7 for something crazy. All hints, tips and criticsm welcome:)

CHOOBER SNIPES
10-11-2007, 21:42
Looks good, but maybe u should try formin 2 units of 20 of seaguard, so they can take more casualties and be a strong center. Maybe just try one one game and the other a different game, whatever works for u and ur playing style. Surprised at no other special units but i understand its a themed list, so all in all looks nice, hope u hav fun playing it

Wreckage
11-11-2007, 01:33
Need... more... magic... urg...

11-11-2007, 08:19
Agree with Wreckage: way too little magic for my tastes and the HE strengths.

At least 2 lvl 2's. Drop the "chicken noble" on the eagle. Get one of them the Ring of Fury and Silver Wand. Give the other Lvl 2 Seerstaff and a scroll.

2 big units of LSG (or anything for that matter) is better than 3 small ones. Combat Res and resiliency.

Don't know how hard core you are with your theme, but you don't have any hitters in here. i.e. White Lions, Swordmasters, Dragon Princes, chariots. Maybe you drop the Reavers and one of the Shadow Warriors and scrounge some points from the LSG consolidation and put something that hits between the two blocks of spears.

With this list, you might even consider dropping the Prince for an Archmage, since this is mostly about reaching out and touching the opponent from a distance. Although I do like that you got both magic bows in this list. That's why you need the Ring of Fury to make it a hail of death trifecta.

One Eagle and a unit of Shadow Warriors will be all you have to slow/redirect everyone who'll be stampeding across the board to get in cc with you.

Good luck. Report back on how it goes.

SonofUltramar
11-11-2007, 09:04
Thanks for the feedback guys

I'm sure at one point I did have 2 bigger units of LSG and a LV2 Mage instead of the Eagle Noble, lol.

I like the idea of an Archmage as well but I was concerned about spending to many points on characters? If i did i'd obviously lose the Prince but also one of the Shadow Warrior units and have two slightly larger units of LSG then maybe see what points were left/needed for some Swordmasters as they'd be more in keeping with the Mages?

I do prefer White Lions over Swordmasters just because they are a bit more survivable but i'm going to leave them for my Chrace themed army, so much converting so little time:)