PDA

View Full Version : Tau Army

Spawn033184
11-11-2007, 06:42
I'm starting a tau army but i know static is like a picket line which is a boring army to run and there is mechanized which sounds like it would be a bit more fun.

So what would be a good tau army mech build? I wanna incorperate 2 hammerheads into it. But i know absolutley nothing about them except they suck at Close Combat.

Darkseer
11-11-2007, 06:46
I've sent you a sample list via PM.

Have you looked at the Tactics area of the forum?

Spawn033184
11-11-2007, 06:48
thanks man, oh and btw stuff like you avatar has been removed from the interernet for giving children seizures from the quick flashin lights or something. Might wanna look into that.

Repzik
11-11-2007, 06:55
ok, use there range to your advantage, and if you want to run hammerheads, you will prob also be running 2-3 devilfishes with troops inside and suits for your elites, and a commander battle suit, NOT AN ETHERAL, if your not running massavie amounts of troops then taking him is like suscide, bc if he dies, there is a good chance your entier army will run away, i personally am finishing up my Battle suit army of death, witch has about 26 suits, and im also running 1 hammer head. hope i helped

Darkseer
11-11-2007, 06:57
Repzik, if bad grammar was a felony the cops would hang you on the spot. :D

Repzik
11-11-2007, 07:00
Repzik, if bad grammar was a felony the cops would hang you on the spot. :D

ya ya i know, and can you believe it! i get A's, except in spelling and grammer haha

Spawn033184
11-11-2007, 07:02
i was thinkin lots of devilfish 2 hammerheads some piranahs lots of firewarriors, and maybe some suits.
i kinda wanna do a half static/mech army. Oh and btw is the spotter with the 3 sniper drones are they any good.

The Orange
11-11-2007, 07:27
Sniper drone teams can work well. I personally really like them and always take a team (because I've only built one so far). It's not the most hard hitting unit in the world, but it's great for anti-MEQ work.

As for a mobile lists. Mech Tau usually revolves around the Fish of Fury (FoF) which is basically a bunch of Fire Warriors using their devilfish to drop them into rapid fire range, and to block the enemy from assaulting them. Two Hammerheads is a solid choice, their tough durable tanks that can usually do the leg work for any Tau army. Piranha's provide an interesting optoin, their are incredibly quick, and can be really great for anti-tank work (turbo-boost with seeker missiles ;)). However their basic armement's is somewhat lack luster (5 Str 5 shots, boy you really need that in a Tau army :rolleyes:).

Bregalad
11-11-2007, 09:37
Have a look at the Tau Tactica and the army list forum. Many lists are full of suits (Fireknife: plasma and missiles) and Hammerheads.

ya ya i know, and can you believe it! i get A's, except in spelling and grammer haha
How do you know, with your spelling abilities? Might have been an E :p