PDA

View Full Version : HE Dragon Armor

T10
11-11-2007, 13:16
So, what's the deal?

Dragon Armour: (...) In addition, the model and its mount are immune to all breath attacks, and all Flaming Attacks."

Does this actually provide the unit with immunity from Flaming Attacks, or are we still stuck with the horribly ambiguous "pure" (Dwarf Flame Cannon) and "hybrid" (Dwarf cannon with Rune of Burning) attacks?

-T10

theunwantedbeing
11-11-2007, 14:51
It'll negate the flaming effect of any flaming attacks.
eg.
a fireball is all fire, so it wont do anything
however
a flaming cannonball is still a cannonball, so if you have regeneration it still works, but your not immune to the cannonball itself.

Only pure flaming attacks are fully negated.
Physical attacks with flaming attributes are merely no longer flaming and wont take away your regeneration(if you have it).

T10
11-11-2007, 16:46
See, this is just what I'm talking about. The notion of "pure" and "hybrid" Flaming Attacks has been around since - oh, I don't know -the FAQ/Errata for the PREVIOUS edition of High Elves army list (http://us.games-workshop.com/errata/assets/highelves.pdf).

The rules for Flaming Attacks (rule book) and Dragon Armour blatantly lacks this distinction. I really see no need to hold on to those outmoded concepts. Please, prove me wrong, but as far as I can tell, Dragon Armour now stops burning cannonballs cold.

-T10

Masque
11-11-2007, 16:50
I agree with T10 on this one.

Chiungalla
11-11-2007, 16:55
There is not even a slight hint for theunwantedbeings version, except an old FAQ for an old army book with very differend wording of the rule.

Dragon armor gives immunity to flaming attacks.
Canonballs with fire rune are... flaming attacks.
Case closed (till the new FAQ from GW on this topic).

Defender of Ulthuan
11-11-2007, 19:13
"... and all Flaming Attacks." sounds pretty clear to me.
T10's right, no questions asked.
Immune 'till proven vulnerable.

Falkman
11-11-2007, 21:23
Yeah, T10 is right, putting a Rune of Burning on a cannon for example makes the cannonball inflict flaming attacks, and as such, the Dragon princes (or character wearing Dragon armour) would be immune to it.

Palatine Katinka
12-11-2007, 03:50
Given that not all Breath Weapons are fire-based ("...noxious gas lightning or even stranger substances.") I would be loath to say that they are only immune to "the flaming effect". As crazy as it may seem to be immune to cannonballs/bolts/magical-unerring-throwing-axes, how does the rune actually affect the attack? This is magic after all, maybe the entire stone is transformed into a raging fireball or a blob of lava. At least it may deter Dwarf players from cloning warmachines with the excuse of "but this one's flaming". I can just picture the Runesmith copyright claims...derivative work...clearly different, it got flames on it...