PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's Fist Tank Co. Fluff?

IG_hopeful
11-11-2007, 12:53
Would anyone know of said fluff? I'd be curious to read any. if it'd possibly reveal how many Baneblades the Company has.

E.g.: in Apocalypse it show three Co.'s and one Blade, what would you folks say the ratio would be? one blade for every ten Companies?

Cry of the Wind
11-11-2007, 13:17
I think the ratio would be as many Baneblades as the commander has available compared to the number of tanks he has. In other words I have no idea, but since Baneblades are rare it won't be many in most cases. The only example in the fluff I've seen is the 12th Tallarn Armoured Regiment from the Taros campaign.

They had 9 Baneblades and 2 Shadowswords to go with their 129 Leman Russ and 30 Leman Russ Demolishers. That gives 14.45 Leman Russ chassis to each super heavy. The regiment also had 106 Chimeras, 48 Basilisks, 20 Hydras and 79 Salamanders for a comparioson of the other units that went along with that (not counting Sentinels or support vehicles).

Most other fluff says a regiment is lucky to have a single Baneblade let alone of full company of 3. So either the 12th Tallarn is really lucky or maybe there are more Baneblades in their forces or more of them out on the Eastern Fringe, which seems somewhat unlikely. Hope that helps somewhat.

vyper
11-11-2007, 20:26
Could well be second generation baneblades instead of originals?

But even then, it seems quite a large amount, I think a 20:1 ratio would be fairly reasonable.

So it would be 60 Leman Russ to 3 Baneblades.

BrotherAdso
11-11-2007, 21:47
If you're just talking organization, I would say each fully stocked Platoon of Russes (6 x 3 = 18 Tanks) would warrant a single super-heavy tank in command, the same way a full set of six infantry squads in a platoon get a Command Squad and suchlike. The Guard seem to like symmetry, so this makes sense to me. An understrength platoon could probably still have its assigned Superheavy -- say, as few as 9-12 Russes.

-Adso