PDA

View Full Version : First new High Elves - 2000 pt

ArnhemKnight
11-11-2007, 14:36
Yes, it's another High Elf list from someone who just bought the new book! I wouldn't bother posting if this list didn't require some new purchases on my part. I want to get Warseer vets' thoughts before I go spend my hard-earned dough.

[-Heroes-]

Commander - great weapon, Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix

Dragon Mage - lvl 2, Gem of Sunfire

Mage - lvl 2, (2x) Dispel Scrolls

[-Core-]

10 Archers

15 Spearmen - full command

[-Special-]

15 Swordmasters of Hoeth - full command

15 Phoenix Guard - full command

10 White Lions - full command

6 Silver Helms - full command

Lion Chariot

ArnhemKnight
11-11-2007, 14:44
[-Notes-]

My most common opponents are Empire and Tomb Kings

The commander's job is to hang out with the spearmen to give them a leadership bump and some real punch in combat. With ASF this unit can now actually pose a significant threat to those Empire Knights who like to roll up my flanks.

The mage's primary job is to cast Shield of Saphery on my Swordmasters. They might actually make it to the enemy for once! Yay!

Yes, I know: a dragon in a 2000 point game. Packs good punch with the dragon mage casting Flaming Sword for 3 attacks at S6, plus the dragon attacks. Also, I hope to drop him into the middle of that Empire block and watch the Panic and Terror tests ensue. Mostly though, the new model is just too cool...

Speaking of cool models, that's really the only reason the Lion Chariot is in there. Hopefully he can charge something with flank support from the Silver Helms.

A.K.

ImhotepMagi
11-11-2007, 15:17
Playing a Dragonmage is going to be tricky, but if you can pull it off it will be rewarding. I would try it out. The only real problem I see is that your infantry units are too small. The Swordmasters are perfect sized to be run 7x2 with your wizard inside to be protected, like they should be, but your spearmen should be more like 20 strong with your Noble in there for punch, arranged 7x3. Pheonix Guard benefit from being large (around 20) as well, because their Fear is best used when outnumbering an enemy, but they should be arranged 5x4 for the extra CR.

10 White Lions are nice, but they won't last long. The general consensus seems to be Lions or Swordmasters, not both (with lions usually winning out for survivability, but I prefer Swords :D). If you play on typically terrain dense tables it could be a good flanking unit.

Just a few things to think about. I definitely like the look of your list, though. I would be interested to see how it works, since I've been mulling over the Dragonmage option myself.

Wreckage
11-11-2007, 17:02
1 Lion Chariot all by itself is begging to be blasted.

I agree that phoenix guard would do well with more numbers, and Swordmaster are great 7x2 so you can drop one. I'd drop one of your elite infantry units at this level.

Dragon Princes > Silverhelms for only 50 some points more you get a way better unit.

15 spears is a bit weak... they either need more numbers or more units.... Pick MSU tactics (many spear units of 15) or conventional tactics (20+ strong units of spears).

brambleten
11-11-2007, 20:10
id drop the chariot to tiranoc and use the points to add in 3 more phoenix guard (6X3), then another spearman for casualties