PDA

View Full Version : F1 teams you would like to see

From Shadows
11-11-2007, 17:14
Me and a buddy where talking about this topic the other day,we where discussing teams and manufactures that we would like to see throw there hat into the F1 ring.For example i wouild really like to see Porsche field a team.So who would you like to see attempt F1 and why.It could be independents,manufactures,etc.....

Crube
11-11-2007, 17:42
For some reasson I'd love to see a Skoda or Lada team.... purely for laughs if they actualy won something...

From Shadows
11-11-2007, 18:00
For some reasson I'd love to see a Skoda or Lada team.... purely for laughs if they actualy won something...

Ok i actually laughed at that Lada,classic! :p

squilverine
11-11-2007, 19:20
I'd have to go for Jenson Button racing in an F1 version of a Smart car.

Cr*ppy car and a Cr*ppy driver, funny as hell to hear yet another seasons worth of every excusse except from "I'm just not as good as Lewis Hamilton"

Of course Lewis Hamilton winning the title in an F1 Yugo would be too much to ask for!

RavenMorpheus
11-11-2007, 19:29
I'd have to go for Jenson Button racing in an F1 version of a Smart car.

Cr*ppy car and a Cr*ppy driver, funny as hell to hear yet another seasons worth of every excusse except from "I'm just not as good as Lewis Hamilton"

Of course Lewis Hamilton winning the title in an F1 Yugo would be too much to ask for!

Lewis Hamilton is only as good as his car, put Button in the same car as Hamilton and they'd both be on equal terms imo.

Personally I don't think we need any more manufacturers as they just turn the it into a business rather than a sport.

I'd like to see private teams or not big manufacturer backed teams such as TWR come back.

The pestilent 1
11-11-2007, 19:30
Mini.
I want to see a new Mini Adventure. :mad:
"Mini Enters F1 finale. Wins. The end"

RavenMorpheus
11-11-2007, 21:57
Having said I don't really want to see more manufacturers in F1 I would like to see Porsche and VW so that we can see who builds the better Beatle :D

theunwantedbeing
11-11-2007, 22:25
Prodrive, Lotus, Rolls Royce.

Cade
11-11-2007, 22:47
Lambourghini. They'd create a mad looking car!

From Shadows
12-11-2007, 00:25
Having said I don't really want to see more manufacturers in F1 I would like to see Porsche and VW so that we can see who builds the better Beatle :D

Now that just mean!!! ;)

Venomizer
12-11-2007, 09:23

Quoted for truth......................also Alfa Romeo or for a laugh SEAT

Delicious Soy
12-11-2007, 10:28
Alfa Romeo The Alfas would probably be the sexiest cars on the track. Except it costs way more than it should. And they have no performance. But boy do they look pretty!

That and they'd have all the reliability of a kleptomaniac in a coat room.

Maharajah
12-11-2007, 10:33
The Holden ute team. And it would have to be able to carry at least ten bales of hay.

forgotten hero
12-11-2007, 11:08
Jaguar and/or Ford

but for laughs, Skoda maybe even Rolls Royce - known for there sporty cars... ;)

-Rob

Belegur
12-11-2007, 11:36
Bugatti. They'd be the only ones (other than Koenigsegg) that could say "Let's see, we need to design an F1 car that's slower than our road cars".

The last time Lamborghini were in F1, it didn't work out too well.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any company whose cars are designed completely in-house that has done consistently well in recent years, except for Ferrari. Jaguar were average, Renault were excellent for a couple of years but now definitely aren't, BMW are top of the midfield but not serious contenders, Toyota are ordinary, and Honda are just flat out embarrassing.

Wintermute
12-11-2007, 18:29
Mini.
I want to see a new Mini Adventure. :mad:
"Mini Enters F1 finale. Wins. The end"

Minis are built by BMW who currently have an F1 team :p

It would be interesting to see teams backed by VW/Audi/Porsche as well as more US backed teams (technically there already is on US team - Mercedes Benz are ultimately a US company).

Dengar
12-11-2007, 19:06
Nasa just to see how fast the moon buggy really goes.

The pestilent 1
12-11-2007, 19:29

Aww damn :(

... "BMW enters F1 Finale. Wins. The end"

That could work?

RavenMorpheus
12-11-2007, 19:31

No reason why BMW couldn't have a Mini team - Honda and Red Bull have B teams although in the case of this season the Honda B team has been the Honda A team :D

It would be interesting to see teams backed by VW/Audi/Porsche as well as more US backed teams (technically there already is on US team - Mercedes Benz are ultimately a US company).

Yeah then we could have Lambo's and 2 Beetle teams :D

Crube
12-11-2007, 19:37
Anyone see the VW team painted grey, with red white and blue stripes, with the number 53....

In all seriousness, a Lambo team could be pretty cool...

RavenMorpheus
12-11-2007, 19:38
Anyone see the VW team painted grey, with red white and blue stripes, with the number 53....

I lol'd :D ....... Had to pad here cos you can't just put a lol :D

EDIT: Alongside TWR coming back I'd like to see Zakspeed make a return. And @ whoever mentioned Pro-Drive - they're looking at coming back (Dave Richards was head at BAR for a time, which is now Honda, and I think Pro-Drive itself had a hand in BAR), but not this (2008) season afaik.