PDA

View Full Version : 2100pts Ellessedil's host (my first HEs)

brambleten
11-11-2007, 19:00
ok, here is my first attempt at a HE list. with Christmas coming up i am looking for how to improve the list. this list has already won me a battle against some lizards, who outnumbered me at least 2-1. they had mainly saurus in their list, and it faired quite well.

Amberle Ellessedil (Archmage)
lvl 4
book of hoeth

Ander Ellessedil (Noble)
barded elven steed
lance
dragon armour
dragon scale shield
sword of might
gem of courage

Stee Jans (Noble)
BSB
Dragon armour
shield
battle banner
temakador's gauntlets (is this allowed?)

Allanon (Mage)
lvl 2
barded elven steed
silver wand
dispell scroll
dispell scroll

16 archers
command
light armour

16 Lothern Seaguard
shields

10 phoenix guard
command
Armour of Caledor (Champion's)
Banner of Sorcery

8 silver helms
command

lion chariot of chrace

bolt thrower

total 2100

should i add white lions or SM's, or both?

brambleten
12-11-2007, 17:57
anyone?
ill probably drop the command on the archers and drop them to 10 and then another unit, but this is all the models i have atm.

i will be adding some dragon princes instead of the silver helms, taking out the lion chariot and adding in more phoenix guard.

Kaleb79
12-11-2007, 19:27
I haven't been able to play with the new rules yet but my thoughts:

ok, here is my first attempt at a HE list. with Christmas coming up i am looking for how to improve the list. this list has already won me a battle against some lizards, who outnumbered me at least 2-1. they had mainly saurus in their list, and it faired quite well.

Amberle Ellessedil (Archmage)
lvl 4
book of hoeth

why not give BoH a go then, I never have. I'll be interested to hear how you fare with it. Good you've got Banner or Sorc with your PGs.

Ander Ellessedil (Noble)
barded elven steed
lance
dragon armour
dragon scale shield
sword of might
gem of courage

don't think you can take a lance if you have a magic weapon! the 1+ armour save and 6+ ward save should keep him around for a while :)

Allanon doesn't really need barding as he's a defensive Mage right? Why not put him on foot to cast Shield of Saphery for your Sea Guard or Drain Magic

10 phoenix guard
command
Armour of Caledor (Champion's)
Banner of Sorcery

what's your plan with these guys? hold the line types?

Stee Jans (Noble)
BSB
Dragon armour
shield
battle banner
temakador's gauntlets (is this allowed?)

if your BSB has a magic standard they can't take magic items. I'd give the battle banner to the Seaguard and give your BSB some more armour or maybe a magic sword.

EDIT: just realised you said Battle Banner and not War Banner :S - up to you really. I'd drop Battle Banner and give a War Banner to Sea Guard. save the points

16 archers
command
light armour

16 Lothern Seaguard
shields

your sea Guard have command also right? if you're going to take Archers I'd either keep them at minimum of 10 to meet your core requireme!?

8 silver helms
command

lion chariot of chrace

bit of a counterattack there which is needed as the PG aren't hard hitting like SMs or WLs

bolt thrower

total 2100

should i add white lions or SM's, or both?

do you want to attack your enemy or site back and shoot/magic? if you want to attack I'd take either SMs or WLs and downgrade your archmage. or if not why not take an extra bolt thrower?

try a little reshuffle with the few tweaks suggested and see what the points cost comes out as. If you can save 180pts you can have your SMs/WLs

brambleten
12-11-2007, 20:19
cheers, the LSG has full command, and the PG will try to charge one of the garenteed 2 treemen i will face. i will drop barding and the archer unit size. i havent put the lions on the chariot yet, should i build it as tiranoc instead? im sure you can take a lance and a magic weapon, but you can only use one at a time. ill take the magic armour off the BSB and see what the list comes too

Kaleb79
12-11-2007, 20:41
sorry - when I said barding I meant a barded steed. I'd have the mage on foot and stick him in one of your infantry units

brambleten
13-11-2007, 06:40
oh, ok. i only have the mage box set atm, but when i get a metal mage i will make sure it is on foot.

CHOOBER SNIPES
13-11-2007, 19:05
i would say take SM's, just cus they could really beat up on something lik treekin i guess, high WS high S 2A, combine them with DP, same on charge -1 WS as SM's and u hav some good tree smashin power. White lions are kinda overkill vs. woodies S wise unless ur playin shooty woodies cus their armor save helps a lot. S 6 against elves isnt as important as S5 2A is. anyway, id say take light armor and command off the archers, cus its really not that important. good idea of tying up the treeman with PG, cus even though the PG probly wont hurt it much theyll lock it for a charge from a heavy hitter or just keep it out of the game WL's might be useful for actually killing it cus of S6 too. mayb more info on the WE army, is it tree spirit heavy or is it elfy??

brambleten
17-11-2007, 20:55
ok, here is the new list, i got thoroughly smashed by the woodies, although my archers killed a noble in combat. GO ASF!!!!

new list, 2100 points
Lords
Archmage
level 4, ring of fury, ring of corin, guardian phoenix

Heros
Mage
level 2, silver wand, talisman of protection, dispell scroll, barded elven steed

Noble
lance, heavy armour, longbow, barded elven steed, the Gem of courage, enchanted shield, sword of might

Noble
BSB, Battle banner, shield, longbow, heavy armour

Core
17 Archers

16 Lothern Sea Guard
shields, command, Banner of Ellyrion

Special
17 Phoenix Guard
command, banner of sorcery, armour of caledor

Tiranoc Chariot

8 Silver Helms
command, shields

Rare
Repeater Bolt Thrower

total: 2106
power dice: 8 + d3
dispell dice: 5 + 1 scroll

beezlebubbles
19-11-2007, 17:33
Didnt work so well though did it :p.

Chiungalla
19-11-2007, 17:44
im sure you can take a lance and a magic weapon, but you can only use one at a time.

No, you can't unless you are from bretonnia.
Read the rule book entry for magical weapons.

Edit:
Don't put 17 archers in one unit.
Better make two 10 archer units.

The BSB will die in an instant, because everybody will fear the battle banner, and strike at him.
And with the weak armor and the toughness of 3 he will die before the first combat result.
Put the BSB on a horse, so he could have a good armor save, and a magic standard.

Exchange the 8 silver helms with 5 dragon princes, because they are far better, and you need a unit, that can break something.

Phoenix Guard deals to few casulties, but they make a tough unit.
But that is only usefull if you have other hard hitting units, or at least a noble within the phoenix guard.

brambleten
19-11-2007, 20:32
Didnt work so well though did it :p.

i havent used the second list yet :p

brambleten
19-11-2007, 20:39
with the BSB in with the PG, most people will shoot the PG until they realise my BSB has the battle banner, in which case i am usually in range of combat.
i will try silver helms, as i tried the DPs last time, and they got shot by waywatches.
i only have 17 archers, but when i get another box, i will make 3 units of 10