PDA

View Full Version : White Dwarf Rules

huitzilopochtli
11-11-2007, 20:47
recently put in an order for the anniversary white dwarf model on ebay. its on its way, all is well, when i realize that i don't have any rules for him. i know i could just play him as a dwarf with shieldbearers but i'd prefer to use him as the real model. does anyone know where i can find his rules online to avoid buying the issue, or would i have to do just that?

thanks.

Griefbringer
11-11-2007, 20:58
I am afraid that you will need to look for the appropriate WD issue, haven't heard of those rules being on the GW website.

huitzilopochtli
11-11-2007, 21:16
hmm... that's not good. i cant seem to find it on ebay. i'll see if i can find anyone who owns a copy they'd be willing to part with. thanks.

Palatine Katinka
12-11-2007, 02:17
...I think the Edinburgh store still has some, maybe, not sure...

AFoolProofPlan
13-11-2007, 03:03
http://ca.games-workshop.com/news/cn/Announcements/ask_DS/DS_articles/WhiteDwarfRules.pdf
I think this is the official rules for him

WLBjork
13-11-2007, 03:56
Those are older ones - still valid for the White Dwarf on his own I should add.

However, for WDs 30th birthday GW released a special model consisting of the WD on a Shield, borne by Gotrek Gurnisson and Josef Bugman.

I feel I should point out to huitzilopochtli though that the rules for this model are labelled unbalanced, so you may end up using it mostly as a Lord with Shieldbearers, and save the White Dwarf for special battles (especially given the extremely high points cost).

AFoolProofPlan
13-11-2007, 04:06
Oh, oops. I missed shieldbearer part

huitzilopochtli
13-11-2007, 15:01
I feel I should point out to huitzilopochtli though that the rules for this model are labelled unbalanced, so you may end up using it mostly as a Lord with Shieldbearers, and save the White Dwarf for special battles (especially given the extremely high points cost).

thanks. i know i'm likely to lose a bit of respect if i overuse him, however with my friend's vampires seeing a revamp in the near future, i would like to use him against the dreaded knights of the blood keep at least once in order to give me a fighting chance.

Lorcryst
13-11-2007, 15:46
I don't have my copy of that White Dwarf at hand (I'll try to dig through my archives), but from what I remember of that absurd monstrosity, please, pretty please with sugar on top, DON'T use it without warning your opponent ... that 3-in-1 model is so overpowered it's not even fun ...

Jonke
13-11-2007, 23:02
I'd say he's so overpowered it's very fun. But of course only in a friendly game and with opponents permission and probably atleast 4000 points on the table. The random movement rules really hampers him I'd say (but I don't know, have never seen him being played).

Lorcryst
14-11-2007, 08:42
When you're the one using "it", it's probably very fun ... on the other hand, when you're the one being trashed by that thing, it's painful and frustrating ...

huitzilopochtli
14-11-2007, 21:08
don't worry my opponent is full warned of the white dwarf's power but persists in laughing scornfully. now i can't allow that to go on. i'm going to wipe that grin from his face with a wave of white beard.. mwahuahuahua! ok that was a bit evil, but yeah my opponent is aware and has agreed to its usage.

Lorcryst
15-11-2007, 11:32
Then all is good ... that model is a nasty surprise to spring on an opponent, but if he agreed to be trounced by 3 drunken dwarves toting a hold's ransom of runic items ...