PDA

View Full Version : White lions, its a shame

Dead Man Walking
11-11-2007, 22:28
Its a shame that all the stuff for white lions are special selections, infantry and chariot. I would of liked to have 3 units of 20 infantry White Lions and 3 Lion chariots in a 2k game (1 chariot includes Korhil) for an all Chrace army. Perhaps if they gave Korhil the special ability to add one unit of Infantry White lions as core selection to represent personal bodyguard.

John Wayne II
11-11-2007, 22:32
Erm, you can have 3 units of 20 White Lions and 3 units of Chrace chariots, since elves can have 6 special choices in a 2000 points army. Have you actually read the book?

theunwantedbeing
11-11-2007, 22:33
Im guessing he hasnt read it properly if he has read it.

Neknoh
11-11-2007, 22:34
Erm... can't you do that in 2k games allready? Nowhere in Korhils rules does it state that the Chariot is chosen from the Special choices (as it does for Exalted Champions in HoC for instance). Besides, I thought High Elves could take 6 specials in 2k anyhow

Caradryan
11-11-2007, 22:36
it would make it more themed but 3 lion charoits and 4 stubborn units of ASF st6 elfs would probably be called broaken, iw ould sugest taking 2 units of archers (use older shadow warroirs (6th ed.) or wood elf glade guard for models, cause the pantaloons just dont cut it) and call them hunters of chrace or two units os spear elves and call them Chrace city guard oo something you could get creative and have a chance to convert soem models using old whitewolf capes form the empire cav or 5th ed. korhil's cloak

Varath- Lord Impaler
11-11-2007, 22:37
I was thinking of making a Chrace army, and this is it.

Korhil
Mage- use high magic
Mage -use beast magic

Lothern Sea guard- remodel as more "savage" and call them "Cubs"
Shadow warriors- Call "chracian hunters"
White Lion units
White lion chariots
Phoenix guard unit- call "First Lions" remodel to have really big long pelts covering them and no helmets.

See? How easy is it with some imagination.

Dead Man Walking
11-11-2007, 23:28
To be honest I didnt read the whole book yet, please dont crucify me :) I only had time to skim it, i assumed the selections would be the same as any other army. It is good to see that though as it would be hard to cover all the tactical needs of an army without anything but infantry as core and having to cover elites, fast cav, chariots and heavy cav in only 4 special selections.

Flypaper
12-11-2007, 09:09
It is indeed a huge shame. White Lion Chariots should've been rare choices... Heck, the same probably goes for the WLs on foot. Ironically, I suspect that the reason they aren't is because that'd allow players to take more of them. :p

Chris_Tzeentch
12-11-2007, 11:03
it would make it more themed but 3 lion charoits and 4 stubborn units of ASF st6 elfs would probably be called broaken, iw ould sugest taking 2 units of archers (use older shadow warroirs (6th ed.) or wood elf glade guard for models, cause the pantaloons just dont cut it) and call them hunters of chrace or two units os spear elves and call them Chrace city guard oo something you could get creative and have a chance to convert soem models using old whitewolf capes form the empire cav or 5th ed. korhil's cloak

I did exactly that with the old Shadow Warriors - looks great too, and more in line with the whole Chrace hunter thing (I am doing a Chrace force too).

I am also converting Lion Riders of Chrace - using the miniatures from the Chariot box set and using them as Dragon Princes - I have given them the Banner of Ellyrion so that they can run through forests with no problems and it fits the fluff too. They are going to be armed with Cavalry Axes. Looks cool.

Varath- Lord Impaler
12-11-2007, 11:40
I love pantaloons, they look quite sexy. I like the new Shadow warriors.

Count Sinister
12-11-2007, 12:31
Nice idea, Tzeentch. I have thought of using the lions from the chariot to make cavalry, but if you want a white lion themed force, that would mean you'd be a few white lion chariots short. I got a few of the OK sabretusks for the same reason - might be a solution. Definitely a nicely themed army. Nice one.

[Edit]: I hope Varath isn't being funny about the shadow warriors, because if he is, I'll be embarrassed when I say that I agree. I think the new Shadow Warrior models are cool. I'll be getting some to play shadow warriors in Mordheim - oh, and maybe to use them in a High Elf army.

Varath- Lord Impaler
12-11-2007, 12:39
oh im not being funny, The pantaloons look awsome and suit them well. No matter hoe much 400 year old Teenage angst they have. They are still poncy high elves.

flaminsnowman
12-11-2007, 16:39
So if you actually read about Chrace, the White Lions are the super elite. They still have spearmen and archers just like any other province, so its fluffy to take them. In fact, according to story, the actual White Lions are the rarest of rare on the field, as they are first and foremost bodyguards and have to be sent out by the Phoenix king himself.

Dead Man Walking
12-11-2007, 23:34
They also use great eagles in the fluff to deliver messages, so putting them in your list would work well. I was thinking something like...

3 units of white lions
1 chariot
Khorhail on Chariot
2 units of Silverhelms (riding lions)
1 Unit of spearmen
1 unit of archers
2 eagles
2 mages or 3 mages (mostly to get high magic off, +3 to casting cost will devestate any enemy except Khemri)
A repeater or two

My gaming group plays 2250 now in a standard game.