PDA

View Full Version : High Elves for an ongoing leauge.....

Loki73
12-11-2007, 06:22
Hello,

I havent played HE scince 4thed IIRC. LOL anywhos I am in a leauge thats ongoing till the end of Dec. I can change my list up anytime but this is what I am gonna base it from. I am open to suggestions.

Prince-
Dragon arm
shield
Barded elven steed
star lance
talisman of Loec
talisman of prot
sword of might (might drop this)

silver Helms x7 std mus (prince goes here) 2 ranks 4 wide

silver helms x8 high helm std and musc same set up

spears x15 std and mus 3 ranks 5 wide

sea guard same as spears

16 archers mus and std 2 ranks 8 wide

sword masters x14 mus std 2 ranks 7 wide

mage#1 level 2 DC and gem of sunfire ( fire mage)

Mage #2 level 2 DC and jewel of dusk (high magic)

RBT x2

From memory I will be facing: Tomb kings, bretonians , Lizards, dwarves so pretty much all comers. However I will know my weeks opponent ahead of time so I can tailor magic items if needed or lores.

Thanks ahead of time,

Loki

Zeb
12-11-2007, 07:06
Hello,

I havent played HE scince 4thed IIRC. LOL anywhos I am in a leauge thats ongoing till the end of Dec. I can change my list up anytime but this is what I am gonna base it from. I am open to suggestions.

Prince-
Dragon arm
shield
Barded elven steed
star lance
talisman of Loec
talisman of prot
sword of might (might drop this)
You have two magic weapons and two talismans, since the BRB p. 120 states "a character can have one item from each group" (or similar), this is illegal. Star lance and Talisman of Loec is probably the best option.

silver Helms x7 std mus (prince goes here) 2 ranks 4 wide

silver helms x8 high helm std and musc same set up
Well I guess you rank them up 4 wide, and don't get any bonus except for looking nice... I would probably make them into three units of five and add the prince in one of them. Leave one unit blank for war machine hunting and screening.

spears x15 std and mus 3 ranks 5 wide

sea guard same as spears

16 archers mus and std 2 ranks 8 wide
Drop the standard, might be a tad bit big if you don't get a hill in your deployment zone. I guess you want the rank and standard for dealing with flyers and fast cav. But with new rules I don't think it will be necessary, but you bight want to test it.

sword masters x14 mus std 2 ranks 7 wide

mage#1 level 2 DC and gem of sunfire ( fire mage)

Mage #2 level 2 DC and jewel of dusk (high magic)

DC = DS; ie. Scroll, right?
RBT x2

From memory I will be facing: Tomb kings, bretonians , Lizards, dwarves so pretty much all comers. However I will know my weeks opponent ahead of time so I can tailor magic items if needed or lores.

Thanks ahead of time,

Loki

With the small army you usually get with HE, a BSB is to be recommended. Blank in Swordmasters or blank on steed might work for Silverhelms as well.

Good Luck.

Loki73
12-11-2007, 07:50
Ooh. Forgot about that rule on magic items. Ill change it. DC does equal DS sorry. What is Blank btw?

Zeb
12-11-2007, 08:39
No command. It's more or less a fully equipped SH unit, but no command. A throw away unit, hitting harder but with less movement than Reavers.

As for the BSB, nothing fancy, just a BSB with Dragon Armour and Shield, not use that much of magic items on him. Keep it simple.

brambleten
12-11-2007, 12:28
is dragon armour really worth the extra 2 points?

Kaleb79
12-11-2007, 19:46
don't think so - I just use it for filler if I have a few points spare at the end

WargamesEmpire
12-11-2007, 20:01
8 Silver Helms is pretty pointless as you only get rank bonuses on ranks of five.

Personally I would never take Elven cavalry in more than one rank. Even if you have 10, all it takes is for you to take one casualty and that second rank becomes useless.

5 or 6 Dragon Princes is the way to go, I feel.

Loki73
13-11-2007, 01:11
Well i do not have any DP at the moment so...thats out. Thats to bad I rather like SH's Maybe in the 3 or 2 groups of 5 each as someone pointed out.

2thesword
13-11-2007, 01:57
No command. It's more or less a fully equipped SH unit, but no command. A throw away unit, hitting harder but with less movement than Reavers.

As for the BSB, nothing fancy, just a BSB with Dragon Armour and Shield, not use that much of magic items on him. Keep it simple.

Don't forget the almost mandatory (least in my book) Great Weapon for any HE character than can take one. Even mounted it is still worthwhile for the +1 St ASF... with a shield (that HE BSB can also take in the new book) it means you have shield + HW, or GW as you need it. Like a super-lightweight black orc BSB :)

BSB... take a GW, hero with that scout armour - take a longbow and GW and suddenly your shadow warriors are so scared of fast cav etc