PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a day like this?

hippo2112
12-11-2007, 14:40
I've been having some bad luck with the dice, and therefore having to make a lot of leadership tests(and failing them). So out of frustration I made the following list. Anybody want to give it a try?

Runelord
Shield, RoPreservation, RoStone, RSpellbreaking
Anvil of Doom

Thane
MRoGromril, RoSwiftness, RoCleaving
Oathstone

Master Engineer

20 Warriors
Full Command, Great Weapons

10 Quarellers
Champion, Shields

51 Longbeards
Full Command, Shields, RoBattle

Cannon
RoForging

Cannon
RoReloading

Bolt Thrower
Engineer w/Handgun
Flakson's RoSeeking, RoBurning

Bolt Thrower
Engineer w/Handgun

Gyrocoptor

Organ Gun

Total Points 2246

The point is just to march out into the middle with the longbeards, plant the oathstone, and shoot anything that comes toward me. I'm not generally a fan of gunlines, or hoardes, but I'm so tired of having all my dwarves run away.

brambleten
12-11-2007, 17:40
how are the longbeards ranked up, may i ask?
wouldnt a BSB help as well?

hippo2112
12-11-2007, 19:39
I'm thinking just put the longbeards as a block of 6 or 7 by whatever is left. That way against most people with a rank of 5 I'll still get a few attacks in.

Crube
12-11-2007, 19:45
I know where you're coming from, but from the other side of the table...

Never forget the time my opponents entire 2K of dwarfs fled on turn 2...

Unfortunately, they all also rallied and proceeded to butcher my Empire, but hey..

Could be a different army to play...

MalusCalibur
12-11-2007, 20:34
Well, it's an interesting idea, and chances are that that Longbeard unit is going to beat the living daylights out of whatever might fight them. However, as Dwarves, it will be nigh impossible to actually fight anything because most enemies will just manouever out of its way. Skirmisher armies will have a field day because your shooting is not in any way geared towards dealing with them (Wood Elves in particular will be a big problem) and they can easily move round you and kill off the warmachines/anvil.

MalusCalibur