PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts empire

bassmasterliam
12-11-2007, 15:48
hey everyone ive just made an empire army list.

Arch lector of sigmar
heavy armor
shield
hammer of judgement
icon of magnus
armor of meteoric iron
shield of gorgon

light wizard
Lvl 2
grey wand
wizard staff

celestial wizard
Lvl 2
silver horn
crystal ball

warrior priest
two handed hammer
van horstmanns speculum
ring of volans

18 halberdiers
full command

18 spearmen
full command

12 crossbowmen
marksman

18 handgunners
full command
marksman with repeater handgun

20 swordsmen
full command

mortar

cannon
5 outriders
full command

6 ogre bulls

10 flagellents
prophet of doom

total- 2000pts

what does everyone think:confused:

brambleten
12-11-2007, 17:49
you do know flagellents are core when you take a warrior priest, dont you?
drop the halbediers into detatchments, they generally are poorer parent units. you dont really need the marksman in the crossbows.
what is the shield of gorgon? is it an actual shield, if so, you dont need the normal one. remember, one magic item from each section i.e. one magic armour, one magic weapon etc.

Kahadras
12-11-2007, 18:03
one magic item from each section i.e. one magic armour, one magic weapon etc

Agreed so your Lector build is illegal I'm afraid to say. Plus there's no need to buy mundane equipment i.e heavy armour, if you're going to use magical armour i.e Armour of Meteoric Iron

There are a few other issues as well. I'd drop the stuff off the wizards. Go for a Rod of Power and a couple of dispel scrolls to fully lock down your opponants magic phase. Cut you missile units down to 10 (they are unwieldy otherwise). Get some Swordsmen instead of Halbardiers (they're just better).

Some pistoliers might be nice to march block and generaly annoy your opponant. Finaly you could do with pumping your Flagellants up to 15+. Hope this helps.

Kahadras

Garg Foecrusher
12-11-2007, 18:15
6 Ogre bulls in one unit?

It'd be better with 2x3, or maybe some Ironguts instead.
Strength 6 Ogres rock!

bassmasterliam
13-11-2007, 16:42
well you see i always get really good results with 18 halberdiers in one unit.
like one game they took out a unit of about 3 or 4 maneaters only taking 2 deaths ;)

Fate
17-11-2007, 02:32
GOD SIGMAR, i'm blind... blind i say.

Please don't tell me you can actually win with this roster... It's unthinkable that so many useless infantry can actually do anything.

I think i'll just make a post for a Empire roster.

the blind knight
17-11-2007, 08:15
GOD SIGMAR, i'm blind... blind i say.

Please don't tell me you can actually win with this roster... It's unthinkable that so many useless infantry can actually do anything.

I think i'll just make a post for a Empire roster.

Fate i have read a couple of your posts and i must say that i dont like you.Have you ever heard of constructice critism?!?!Or you just run around the forum insulting fluffy or balanced lists and brag about your CHESSY list which if you ask me a braindead monkey can win with it.

To moderators:If you ban me becouse of this post i will understand it and i would like to say i am sory but i just couldent stand this guy any more.

Fate
18-11-2007, 09:46
Well i'm sorry if i insulted you, i didn't meant it like that.

Also try playing with an roster like mine even once and you'll see it's no easy win, ever since Graham Mcniell touched the Empire rules, they became much worst, nearly everything is random about the empire now... Cannons are random, Steam tank is random, hellblasters beside being random now make very few hits, the rocket battery is not even meant to hit. And what's not random is not strong enough. And Empire player will never win if they don't bring the list to the very best possible.

I'm sorry that you don't like to see me saying that i have a good list but i'd probably just quit empire if in 100 games i lost 100 which i'm sorry to say and i don't mean to insult you. With an army like that you will never win a game here in Portugal.

Justin&theOldOnes
19-11-2007, 05:43
10 flagellants, beef up that unit, their martyr rules are good but you need a big unit for that. And get some detachments for your parent units bro!