PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2k clan pestilense

Malduran
12-11-2007, 21:20
Plague Abbot (gray seer) - 535 (with clan rat 2)
warpstone amulet, eye of the horned rat, sklam, couldron of athousand poxs (screaming bell)

Chieftan - 149 (with clan rat 1)
bsb, standard of the horned rat, heavy armour

plague priest - 99 (with priest 1)
wristband of power, 2x handweapon

25 clan rats 1 - 150
full comand

24 clan rats 2 - 145
full comand

plague rats - 130
2 bases

25 plague priests 1 -260
2x hand weapon, umbanner, full command

25 plague priests - 225
2x hand weapon, full command

6 plague censors - 102

6 plague censors - 102

2 rat ogres - 100

total 1997

well my idea was to use the clan rats as a anvil unit and hte priests as a hammer. Whether this will work is another matter as frenzy might decide otherwise.
I mainly just made this list as i liked the theme and dont know how good it would be.

So... what do you all think?

gerrymander61
12-11-2007, 21:56
cool, could work.

Quick suggestion that could still keep your theme. Drop the plague rats and replace them with 2 units of slaves, two lone packs of giant rats, and an extra censor bearer to each unit. That'll put your point count at 2001. All you have to do to keep in in theme is to model the giant rats so that they look diseased, and slaves, well, diseases have to be tested on someone, right?

Main reason for this is your low model count. With so few models in a horde army, the enemy will be shooting your easily shooteable plague monks, which is, i assume, the blocks of 25 labeled "plague priests." Adding those units will add 50 models. A good thing. Another option is units of 5 night runners because they can screen very very well, although you'd have to theme that one up yourself. I'm too tired for creativity right now :). However, Slaves can also be used as screens as well as a myriad of other things, as can the giant rats. I cannot even begin to describe how good a lone pack of giant rats is.

As for your character set up, I can't see you getting much use out of the standard of the horned rat. If you're going to invest that many points into a banner, why not take the storm banner instead and thus protect your army from the shooting to which it is quite vulnerable to? Your plague priest looks fine, he's gonna be a beast. I can't see your grey seer benefiting too much from the Skalm. What i'd do is drop it, replace the warpstone amulet with the Tenebrous cloak. You REALLY do not want that seer in combats where he is taking attacks, and being as he is on a large target, shooting is a much bigger problem, at least in my experience.

The two biggest problems I see for your army are shooting and magic. You have no means of coping with a shooty heavy army right now, although the Storm Banner and a higher model count will compensate for that. The other thing in which your army suffers is magic. You have a tooled up Grey Seer on a bell, never a bad thing, however you don't back him up, and I dont' know how well he'll fare all by his little lonesome. However, these are the decisions you must make.

Good luck

Malduran
13-11-2007, 14:59
Thanks i think you migh be right. So how is this list then?

Plague Abbot (gray seer) - 515
Tenebrous cloak, 2 x dispell scroll, couldron of a thousand poxs (screaming bell)

Chieftan - 149
bsb, storm banner rat, heavy armour

plague priest - 99 (with monk 1)
wristband of power, 2x handweapon

25 clan rats - 150
full comand

24 clan rats - 145
full comand

25 slaves - 50

20 slaves - 40

25 plague monks 1 - 260
2x hand weapon, umbanner, full command

25 plague monks - 225
2x hand weapon, full command

giant rats - 30

giant rats - 30

2 rat ogres - 100

6 plague censors - 102

6 plague censors - 102

total 1997

I have taken a little more magic deence with the dispell scrolls but still my seer is on his own, i cant think of a fluffy reason to have a warlock engineer or what it could be so he aint in.
i now have blocks of slaves for screening and just to generally bulk up the army and a storm banner to help reduce shooting damage.

Any comments would be great.

heinrichvoncarstein
13-11-2007, 16:55
is the grey seer really only 315 with screaming bell. Also i agree with gerrymander61 you should back up your grey seer with some more magic. A warlock enginer would be great. you could make him look like an almost untrained grey seer (plague abbot) who is still training. Just a suggestion

forgottenlor
14-11-2007, 08:48
I would advise against rat ogres. They are not usally worth the points and die quickly to missle fire. You cant expect them to win a battle by themselves, and Giant rats work as well as annoying flankers with greater unit strength, more ranks, and the same movement. You will find plague censers are better at killing calvary and things with good armour saves.

Malduran
14-11-2007, 13:32
So you suggest that i drop the ogres for some more giant rats then? i could, and it would free up some points for something.

heinrichvoncarstein
15-11-2007, 15:14
actuallly can be used to great affect if they get a flank charge. that's how it works you charge a unit with giant rats or rat swarms andflank em with ogres