PDA

View Full Version : 2K Archlector Empire tournament army

Felix
13-11-2007, 08:51
Hi Everyone,

I have been toying with this idea for some time and I was wondering what you think? I also still have 101 points to play with. One option would be another cannon or maybe 10 extra flagellants. Another option would be to put in a hellblaster volleygun or a hellstorm rocket battery for flank protection or crowd control respectively. I really cannot decide. Knowing that there are people out there with experience on Empire with the pope mobile army I am hoping that you could help me out finalizing the list. Here is the list. Please also post your thoughts on the list itself.

Arch Lector on war altar, Van Horstmannís, Sword of Sigismund, 325
Armor of Meteoric Iron
Level 2 wizard, Rod of Power, Ring of Volans, barded warhorse 164
Level 2 wizard, 2 Dispel Scrolls, barded warhorse 164

12 Flagellants 100
10 Handgunners 80
10 Handgunners 80
6 Archers, huntsmen 60
6 Knights, musician 146
6 Knights, musician 146

Cannon 100
Cannon 100
6 Outriders, musician 134

Steam Tank 300

Total: 1899 pts
Points left: 101 pts

Regards,

Felix

Felix
13-11-2007, 20:50
bump, can any1 please help me..

ty

Felix

Fate
17-11-2007, 02:25
The roster is kinda good, i'd encorage you to put a 3rd mage, lose the flagelants and the outriders and make that knights just one unit and inner circle.

Also bear in mind that now you have to take at least 10 huntsmen, they can't have a minimum of 5 anymore.

heinrichvoncarstein
17-11-2007, 09:35
get more flagelants maybe 20 more and get another warrior priest. and 6 knights die fast get them in one unit of 12 with magic banner and full command. a steam tank doesn't work well unless you are playing 3000 points or more get a hellblaster and more flagellants and ge the arch lector some kind of ward save even though the altar has one it can go in the first round by a well placed cannon shot

Fate
18-11-2007, 09:36
I don't understand, i really don't. Why do all say, flagelants, put a lot. I see new players of Empire bring them by the 20 and 30. and a unit of 20 usually only lasts for 2 rounds of combat. Why would any sane commander use that? they don't kill, they don't hold the enemy for long and hell they even cost 10 points per model, i wouldn't pay 5!

Well if it was 3 points maybe i'd use them, but if such was the case i think the enemy would simply avoid them.

heinrichvoncarstein
18-11-2007, 12:38
look they are used as a sort of cannon fodder. the enemy thinks flagellants are so scary that he shots hem with all he got. or u could use them to be flank protectors or hold u a unit of 500pts of chaos knights until you can get a flank charge with your knights and get those vp's

Fate
18-11-2007, 12:59
Scary? Well i haven't seen anyone fire at them, priority states that cavalary and flying targets are first.

Also chaos knights for 500pts? Not likely, at best a khorne unit of 5 models with warbanner for 325 pts and like i said, it takes 2 rounds of combat to kill them all.
Besides no chaos player would charge them if it meant to give the flank to potential danger, they/d just go around it since they have the movement for that.